Garcia’s Blog 3/10/16- Custom Leagues

• Author

JohnG

Garcia’s Blog 3/10/16- Custom Leagues

PostThu Mar 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Hey guys,

As I'm sure you've seen by now the 2015 season was released last Thursday. We did make a mistake at launch and some leagues were created with a 20% drop penalty instead of the standard 5/10/20% variable penalty that was made the default last year. That has since been corrected so every new league should be using the variable drop penalty now.

When we launched the 2015 set I did mention that we would be able to create custom leagues if a league did not agree with the unleashed players. You can write us if you want and we can change which players were considered 'unleashed' for a custom league rather than going with the default.

A few times this week we've been asked about lower caps. For ATG, we did find a way to allow $45 million caps for custom, private leagues. The league will initially need to be created as a $60 million cap and each team would have to create a draft list manually keeping their team below the $45 million threshold. Once the league does draft, you can e-mail us about it and then we can change every team's cap to reflect $45 million instead of $60. Right now, that's the only way we can make this work.

The reason that lower than $60 million caps are not offered are because most player sets have too few minimum salary players. When a team needs a replacement in the auto-draft, it's possible that there are no players below the listed player's salary. When this happens, the team will be awarded a higher salary player and could go above their league's salary cap. This already does happen (albeit very rarely) with $60 million leagues and would occur much more often if $45 million leagues were available as an option.

We ran another monthly lottery today! The following five users have won a free credit, just for playing Baseball 365!

evanthomas
FletchGriswold
domer13
ggrover15
RomansPirates

Congrats guys!

That's all I have for today. As always, please e-mail us with any questions you have to 365support@strat-o-matic.com. Talk to everyone next week!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog