Garcia's Blog 9/24/15- Card Chance Bar Charts

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 9/24/15- Card Chance Bar Charts

PostThu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Hey guys,

Last night we ran some database maintenance on the site so you may have noticed that the site was offline overnight. Most teams that were under Recently Completed Teams have been shifted over to the archive of older teams. I talked a little about this last week but boxscores of these teams are no longer carried over once they are archived. This is done to conserve space on the website and to ensure the site runs quickly. We did see that there is a bug with 2014 teams that were archived and we'll fix that soon.

On to the main topic for today, a new feature was added to the site for most player sets. If you pull up a player card, you will notice a bar chart under the card image that shows the card chances for the card! The chances are broken out into BB, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, strikeouts, and also other outs. Now just a quick click will break down the card chances for you rather than having to count up or estimate the chances on the card yourself.

Soon it will be added to all player sets, right now it's on every player card except the mystery card set. However we expect that to be up within the next few days so be on the lookout if you play a mystery league.

Already it's jarring to see just how good some of the top cards are. Everyone knows that the Babe Ruth 1923 card is far and away the best card we have, if the stats or card image don't work the $16.47 salary gives it away very quickly. However seeing the card chances broken down on the chart it can't help but jump out at you just how good that card is, even compared to Ruth's 1921 card. The difference is immediately obvious having it visualized for you like that.

Where this chart works best, however, is with more similarly priced players. Looking at evenly priced players, you can immediately tell which player would provide more offense to your team and the difference between the vs LH and vs RH side of each card. For me, the chart works even better than just comparing the raw card chance numbers as it's quick and glaring when there's a large difference between players.

I also mentioned its usefulness when comparing balance. The chart provides a more detailed breakdown between the vs LH and vs RH side than the balance rating can. Now you can see what the difference is in terms of numbers without having to count the chances out.

That's all I have for today. As always, please e-mail us with any questions to onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com. Talk to everyone next Thursday!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog