Garcia's Blog 9/1/15- Baseball Daily

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog 9/1/15- Baseball Daily

PostTue Sep 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Hey guys,

I won't be able to get a blog in on Thursday but I have a special Tuesday blog today!!

I am thrilled to reveal that Strat-O-Matic is deep in the process of creating a new version of the Online Game featuring current season daily card updates. The game will be called Baseball Daily.

We are in the testing phase of the project right now, and a formal announcement won’t be made until we are ready to launch the game, but the hope is to have Baseball Daily ready by next year’s MLB Opening Day.

Baseball Daily will be the same as the current Online Game in many ways – draft a team, work with a salary cap, watch three simulated games per day, etc. However, the major difference is that the player cards will now change every day based on the current season real-life games. For example, if a player goes 3-5 with 2 HR or he goes 0-4 with three strikeouts in real-life, there might be a noticeable change on his card the following day. Player cards will be based on a combination of current season stats, recent performance and projected stats for the season.

Remember the tear that Lucas Duda went on a few weeks ago, when he hit nine home runs in a span of eight games? You can view what the transformation of his Strat-O-Matic card would have looked like during that hot streak by looking at the PDF here.

As the player cards will update in accordance with the real, current Major League season, Baseball Daily will only be playable for six months of the year (first day of the regular season through the last day of the regular season).

For those who enjoy the currently available Online player sets and would like to continue playing those – no need to worry. Those leagues will still be available year-round. Baseball Daily will not interrupt the release of next year’s 2015 Player Set, which will be available in late February/early March, per usual.

More details to come as we get closer to the launch date, but we hope you are as excited as we are about this new, game-changing product!

Please e-mail us at onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com with any questions!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog