Garcia's Blog Part VII- Pre-Orders

• Author

JohnG

Garcia's Blog Part VII- Pre-Orders

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi guys,

In case you missed it I want to announce that Strat-O-Matic has begun taking pre-orders for their traditional board and Windows baseball games. Lots of great seasons are being released this year including the 2012, 1961, and 1938 seasons. All of these seasons had spectacular years, from Mike Trout and Miguel Cabrera in 2012, Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle's home run chase in 1961, to Johnny Vander Meer's back-to-back no-hitters and Hank Greenberg's 58 home runs in 1938.

Perhaps the best part of pre-orders this year could be that on all orders of $35 or more you will receive a FREE credit for Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online! Almost all of the new products qualify for a free credit so if you were tempted by any of these seasons I wanted to make you aware you could receive a free credit as well. This offer is available through February and the credit can be used at any time. For more information on baseball pre-orders and the free credit opportunity, check out this post here.

Moving over to the manager ratings again, we should be able to have the second season (2002) available in your old team's soon, in the next week or so. The process to restore the manager ratings is laid out in last week's blog which you can find here. As I said last week, now that we've restored one season we should be able to restore the other seasons quicker for these subsequent sets.

Now that the ratings book is out, next week I plan on looking back on my 2012 3rd baseman rankings from December. Using Dean Carrano's Offense vs. Defense chart we will be able to fully evaluate a players card and then can re-rank by overall value.

As always if anyone has any ideas for future topics, please send them in to onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com. Talk to everyone next week!

-John

Return to Garcia's Blog