Solution Needed for Time for Leagues to Load

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

blineimages

Solution Needed for Time for Leagues to Load

PostWed Jul 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Realizing that leagues can only load when people start new teams, it is taking quite a bit of time for leagues to fill (for 2016 and 2015). There are a number of leagues of only 1 or 2-3 teams in them, that remain dormant for some time.
Is there a solution? I am not sure....so here are some thoughts--

1) Limit the number of public leagues, so that new public leagues can only be started once existing ones are filled. Maybe have a limit of 2 public leagues per category,

2) Have STRAT have "ghost" teams, as some sports websites use to fill leagues. This would be a great way to fill leagues, the challenge being how teams would be managed during a season. Probably wouldn't work, but maybe there is a related strategy that could work.

3) Have a league join bulletin board, to identify if there are private leagues looking for participants

The bottom line is simple. If leagues filled quickly, I for one would surely buy more teams, I am sure others would as well. Not sure there is a solution, but options could be explored.

MARCPELLETIER

Re: Solution Needed for Time for Leagues to Load

PostSun Jul 17, 2016 1:33 am

Some good ideas. One good way to jump in a league is to serve as a filler in the players' championship (the seasonal tournament). Look up for a the championship forum--fillers will most probably be wanted some time next week.

wavygravy2k

PostFri Oct 21, 2016 4:59 pm

To add to this for the public leagues, at least, the manager names should be somehow hidden to help avoid 'bumhunting' tactics.

Also, not sure if this was the reason for the removal of sets but the less sets the better as far as league filling goes.
Stratomatic Online Daily Recap - http://baseballsimulator.com/stratomatic-online/

BC15NY

PostSat Oct 22, 2016 3:57 am

I would not 'pay to play' versus 'ghost' teams...you can do that for free on your PC.

Keeping the number of leagues available to join at a reasonable number seems to makes sense.

Return to Announcements from Strat-O-Matic