Commissioner Leagues--Buyer Beware

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Re: Commissioner Leagues--Buyer Beware

PostThu Feb 18, 2021 11:24 pm

dougvantyle wrote:Win the battle, lose the war.

The fact that they can't see how having a prize for winning in a league with potential new customers is beyond my ability to fathom.
I guess basic human nature escapes some folks' understanding :roll: :roll: :roll:

dougvantyle

PostFri Feb 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Marketing 101, Salty.... Marketing 101... dvt

clevchad

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 5:14 pm

I was in one of those leagues with some buddies, and we were a guy or two short so I took a second team. By some miracle, both of my teams ended up in the finals. I was on cloud 9 thinking that I was getting 3 credits. I got a heaping giant pile of squat.

dougvantyle

PostThu Feb 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Congrats, clevchad...

Getting both teams in the Finals is pretty remarkable. As far as I know, most of us had no idea these are leagues with zero credits awarded. I did something unique. In some of my other leagues, I have been rewarding trophies to the champions in addition to the credits awarded to the champ and runner-up. So I decided to make lemonade out of lemons and award trophies to those who didn't receive credits in my leagues (CrownAwards.com). That being said, I am taking a break as are many of my fellow owners. Two of my cards were compromised... now this. I have appealed to the powers that be only to get a weak excuse. They said it was posted, but I don't know one person who knew that. I'm not calling them liars. It's just bad policy. They want to bring in new owners, but don't offer rewards to the winners. Oh well. I'm enjoying the dice game at home. I'm tempted to play online, but the best I can do right now is hit them in the wallet.

dvt
Previous

Return to Announcements from Strat-O-Matic