New catcher rule!

• Author

Ballbuster

New catcher rule!

PostSat Apr 08, 2017 2:29 pm

I think that this new rule of having to draft two players with his main position being catcher is a rule that should never have been implemented. It was only made to keep Strat from having to add a couple of lines of code to perform the draft properly. It obviously checks against the roster after the season starts, so the code is there, just port it over to the draft module and change the rule back to the original. Consistency please: A second catcher with an secondary position of catcher should be good enough for the draft, if it is good enough for the roster.

Mumford

Re: New catcher rule!

PostSun Apr 09, 2017 12:04 pm

I disagree. Without the rule it creates situations where the drafted payroll is excessive.

Chief78

PostThu Jun 01, 2017 9:28 pm

I just faced a situation where I tried to draft a catcher and a .75 backup. I didn't get my guy and the computer gave me two catchers with salaries around $300,000. So.....I had to, during waivers, get rid of one of them for a .75 mill player then try to draft a catcher. Needless to say, by the time the pick rolled around all the catchers were gone. In a word, I got screwed by the computer, because of the new rule. I have had this happen twice now.

The Biomechanical Man

PostFri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Chief78 wrote:... two catchers with salaries around $300,000...

What does this mean? :?

Return to Announcements from Strat-O-Matic