AVOID

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

danielz

AVOID

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Do you know what avoid means?

Why when I have avoid right handed pitchers checked for Dwight Evans 2L, Joe Harris 4L and Joe Cronin 4L, they each get 3 at bats against right handed pitching?

They went 0-9 and I lost the game in extra innings.

Meanwhile, Fred Lynn 6R, David Ortiz 5R and and left handed bopper Earl Webb stayed glued to the bench.

PLEASE fix this!

This is not a new bug. I have been asking you to do something about this for years.

AVOID: To keep away from; stay clear of; shun.

BlackFinn

Re: AVOID

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 7:32 pm

It apparently only means if they are leading off the inning or starting a game. I complained about the same thing. They have no answer.

Valen

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 12:28 am

Why in the name of Joe Dimaggio would avoid only apply to leading off an inning or game?
Upon what do you base the assumption this is how it works?
When you say they have no answer does that mean they told you they do not know why this happens or they simply failed to respond?

Have to believe if this is happening online it also happens on cdrom game when HAL is managing. To me the really important thing here is this represents an opportunity to fine tune the game engine logic. I view most of the questions about why this or that happens as opportunities for Strato to improve their overall product and not complaining or ranting.

Wouldn't it be cool if they held a roundtable discussion each week. Each week once a week a programmer came on here and discussed an issue like this. Then the fruit of that would be an enhancement to the next cdrom version to improve that logic or improve the documentation to explain why the logic works the way it does.

open discussion --> better coded product --> happier customers --> greater profits in the long run.

coyote303

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 12:10 pm

This might fall under the category be careful what you wish for.

If you are platooning a couple of players, your bench could quickly become depleted. I'm not saying the logic couldn't or shouldn't be improved, but it's difficult to program that judgment of when to preserve the bench and when to pull the trigger.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM