Request for (Minimum of) Weekly Updates

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

Request for (Minimum of) Weekly Updates

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 am

One of the frustrations for me (and others) is we don't know what's going on. While I recognize the company's desire to concentrate on improvements rather than doing a lot of posting on the forums, there IMHO needs to be at least some regular web presence.

Therefore, I propose at a minimum there be a weekly update on a specific day. Even if there is nothing new to report except you're still working on X, that is far better than silence.

EDIT: Community, please add your name if you agree this would be a good idea.

216 Stitches

Re: Request for (Minimum of) Weekly Updates

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

More regular updates on transition issues would be appreciated.

Salty

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Ive asked for communication repeatedly.

Am happy to sign on for the 50th request.

fraank123

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 6:56 pm

i'm aboard as well. in the immortal words of Captain (Strother Martin) to Luke (Paul Newman) in Cool Hane Luke: "what we have here is failure to communicate".

Badjam

PostSat Aug 25, 2012 7:38 pm

One of the biggest bummers for people at this new site is the lack of being able to talk to Bernie. Having Bernie personally address any situation that arose showed he cared about us and the game very much. His presence on the forums made me feel like he was a friend of mine, although I have never met him. Even when things went bad, Bernie would step up, face the music and work on finding a fair solution to please us and his bosses. A good comparison would be if you call a company for help and you get an automated answer service compared to a human being answering the phone. The human at the other end always can defuse situations better instead of the answering machine adding to the frustration. I have only been around here about four years but have learned that Bernie would walk through walls for us, or was that glass doors... :)

TRW

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I totally agree with all of you. Great analogy Badjam...

It's a shame that SOM's has this policy of not interacting with customer's on the MB's.

They are going to lose a lot of long time customer's, if they haven't already. And that's too bad, because the people on here are very passionate about the game and only want to see the game prosper and evolve.

If SOM were more forth-coming and gave regular weekly updates, the customers would be more understanding.

I think we all get that SOM was kicked out by TSN, and there wasn't time to finish all features. But, we are all paying customer's and expect at least the same functionality of the current platform that we were accustomed to at TSN, if not better. And so far, it just doesn't measure up.

And now that game prices are hypothetically going up to $40/game, there are going to hypothetically be a lot more unsatisfied customers. (that one was for Salty...) ;)

voovits

PostSun Aug 26, 2012 10:24 pm

I support more communication.

guardian154

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Agreed...

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM