card viewer odyssey

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

MaxPower

card viewer odyssey

PostThu May 12, 2022 5:22 pm

My wish list is for Strat to have better customer service and stop engaging in consistently anti-consumer behavior.

------------------------

​Subject: can't login to card viewer app
------------------------

Date: Sun, May 8, 2022 at 12:38 AM
To: Strat-O-Matic Tech Support <customerservice@strat-o-matic.com>

Hello, I downloaded the card viewer app yesterday and paid for a month subscription. However when I attempt to log in using this email address, it won't let me. Please advise.

Austin Davidson

----------
Date: Mon, May 9, 2022 at 2:04 PM

Really, no response yet?

----------
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 7:54 AM

Please advise, I would like to access the product I paid for three days ago.

----------
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:32 AM

Only a couple more hours till EOB day 2 since I first reached out, you guys gonna be able to at least acknowledge my existence before then or no?

----------
From: Strat-O-Matic Customer Service <customerservice@strat-o-matic.com>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:34 AM
To: Austin Davidson <>

Received your email and forwarded to techsupport which is the area that supports the card viewer

Customer Service
Current Hours: Monday to Friday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST

M 800-645-3455
P 516-671-6566
E customerservice@strat-o-matic.com
Strat-O-Matic, LLC
46 Railroad Plaza
Glen Head, New York 11545
www.strat-o-matic.com

----------
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:43 AM
To: Strat-O-Matic Customer Service <customerservice@strat-o-matic.com>

Outstanding, thank you for the unsigned, unpunctuated reply two business days after my first message, great experience so far. Guess I'll just keep holding it down over here. Perhaps you'd care to provide me with the email address I should be spamming if it's not this one?

----------
From: Strat-O-Matic Customer Service <customerservice@strat-o-matic.com>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:50 AM

techsupport@strat-o-matic.com is the correct address to use when addressing card viewer issues.

Customer Service
Current Hours: Monday to Friday 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST

M 800-645-3455
P 516-671-6566
E customerservice@strat-o-matic.com
Strat-O-Matic, LLC
46 Railroad Plaza
Glen Head, New York 11545
www.strat-o-matic.com

----------
Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 12:01 PM
To: Strat-O-Matic Customer Service <customerservice@strat-o-matic.com>

Very nice. See, a regular business would have replied the first day with "Thank you for the email, we have forwarded it to the tech support team which is responsible for the card viewer app. Further inquiries should be directed to techsupport@strat-o-matic.com." Maybe even include a ticket number. And then the regular business would have gotten exactly zero irritated followup emails from me wondering if anyone had received my initial email. But I guess you guys play by your own rules.

------------------------
​Subject: can't login to card viewer app
------------------------

Date: Tue, May 10, 2022 at 11:49 AM
To: Strat-O-Matic Tech Support <techsupport@strat-o-matic.com>

Hello, I purchased a month subscription to the card viewer app on Saturday night but it won't let me log in with this email address. I have sent multiple emails to customerservice and they finally acknowledged me today to tell me I should be emailing you. Please advise. It's been a highly irritating experience going on three days now, would love to get access to the thing I paid for.

Best,
Austin Davidson

----------
From: Strat-O-Matic Tech Support <techsupport@strat-o-matic.com>
Date: Wed, May 11, 2022 at 5:34 AM

Austin,

it appears that the subscription is pending cancellation, did you attempt to try to cancel the subscription?

If you still want it we can reactivate the sub and see if you can try to login successfully then

SOM

Strat-O-Matic Game Co.
42 Railroad Ave
Glen Head, NY 11545

http://www.strat-o-matic.com

----------
Date: Wed, May 11, 2022 at 9:31 AM

I canceled it because I didn't want it to automatically renew. The $5 payment still went through and should get me a month regardless, no?

----------
Date: Wed, May 11, 2022 at 1:08 PM

It's been 3 business days since I paid for this product and I would like access to it please. We gonna get this sorted today or are we going for 4 days?

----------
From: Strat-O-Matic Tech Support <techsupport@strat-o-matic.com>
Date: Thu, May 12, 2022 at 6:04 AM

Austin,

the cancellation is effective immediately. We are going to reactivate it. You should have access now

SOM

Strat-O-Matic Game Co.
42 Railroad Ave
Glen Head, NY 11545

http://www.strat-o-matic.com

----------
Date: Thu, May 12, 2022 at 9:43 AM

Three points:

1. What do you mean the cancellation is effective immediately? I canceled immediately after ordering, and you were just going to keep my money while not giving me the month of product that I paid for? How can that possibly be correct? You are a human on the internet, like me. Have you ever encountered another recurring payment scheme that functions the way yours does? No, you have not. The standard is to cancel the recurring payments and the customer keeps access to the service they ALREADY PAID FOR until the next payment would have occurred.

2. It has now been 5 days since I paid for the product that I have not had access to. Your attempt to resolve this is to reactivate the original payment scheme, with no attempt to compensate me for those 5 lost days, or even an apology for the absurd process I've been entangled in? Do I have that right?

3. Although my account now lists the subscription as active, I STILL CANNOT LOGIN TO THE APP.

How is it even possible that I'm the first person this has happened with. Please align your recurring payment practices to mirror every other recurring payment on the internet, and please stop taking people's money without giving them the product they paid for. In the meantime, just give me a free damn month of the app and cancel my ongoing subscription. Truly embarrassing for you guys that I even have to say any of this out loud.

----------
Date: Thu, May 12, 2022 at 10:44 AM

Or just silently refund my money with no acknowledgement or apology or access to the app, that's cool too I guess. Really stellar customer service, why not send me a middle finger emoji while you're at it?

I'm beginning to think I'm NOT the first person this has happened with, that you KNOW it's a predatory and anti-consumer practice, and this is just how you've been told to handle it by your bosses. What a miserable, pound-foolish mentality. They must suck to work for.

I have one final request, because I'm bored and retired with a law degree. I would like a copy of the recurring payment terms to review. As it stands now, users are required to check the box next to "Recurring Payment Terms" in order to complete the purchase, but as far as I can tell, those terms are not actually published anywhere on the website. Which is prima facie a contract of adhesion, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway I would like a copy, please and thank you. Oh, and you forgot to give me a free month of the card viewer app as a way to apologize for this whole highly negative experience. Thanks in advance.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM