Repricing Players

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

Repricing Players

PostSun May 01, 2022 3:52 pm

I'm not asking SOM to reprice entire player sets. However, in some (all?) sets some players' pricing is so out of whack, it's ridiculous. For example, does anyone ever use Jim Landis in the 60s set? His best card probably isn't worth the 6.37 million asking price. On the flip side, Maury Wills (same set) even his worst year is worth much more than 1.17 million. I haven't played the 70s set in years, yet I still remember poor Roger Repoz whose best year wasn't close to his asking price.

When the 2000 set came out, SOM wisely asked for feedback on player pricing. This was a good move. So, I propose they ask some players familiar with each set (for example, I'd be good at the 60s but not much use with any other set) to pick the top 10 players that should be adjusted. For the overpriced players, it would be like adding new players to the set!

I can understand them not wanting to do a complete overhaul of any given set, and I don't believe that's even necessary. But every set could be made better and more competitive.

coyote303

Re: Repricing Players

PostTue Aug 01, 2023 11:33 am

I made this suggestion over a year ago, but after seeing them add over 200 cards to the ATG set, I am re-asking. If they can add hundreds of cards to their admittedly most popular set, they can at least reprice a half a dozen players in the mystery sets.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM