Last minute changes

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Hittmens

Last minute changes

PostWed Mar 02, 2022 12:29 pm

I would love to have no penalty for drops before game 4. Some managers use gamesmanship holding onto multiple popular players so that other teams cannot use them. Then they wait till 9:59 to finalize their teams making out too late for someone else to pick up without penalty. This would eliminate this strategy and level the playing field

coyote303

Re: Last minute changes

PostWed Mar 02, 2022 2:13 pm

I'm not sure since I've never done it, but I believe I read this years ago:

There is a brief window after 10 p.m. on opening day where you can make changes before game 1 without penalty. As long as the games haven't been played yet (which would normally give you one to two-and-a-half hours), you can make changes. Your original team will still play games 1-3, but you will get your new players before game 4 without the drop penalty.

Can anyone verify this? And if it was true, is it still true?

Hittmens

PostWed Mar 02, 2022 4:50 pm

This used to be true- it no longer is

MaxPower

PostWed Mar 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Unfortunately those players would likely continue their shenanigans, just with a new deadline. Make their usual 6:59 drops (wouldn't even have to consider their 4th SP), then just add them back at 7:01 after the server has registered their starters for the first series, and continue holding the players until just before game 4.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM