Removing for defensive sub with the lead

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

MaxPower

Removing for defensive sub with the lead

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 2:45 am

Can't believe this needs to be said, but checking the box "remove for defensive sub with lead" should not be interpreted by HAL as "substitute for this guy no matter what, even if all available players are worse defensively." Or even worse, they're not rated at the position at all!! Just insanely stupid. The setting should only kick in if there is a superior defender available! On what planet would a manger affirmatively want to WORSEN their defense with a late lead? Good god.

andycummings65

Re: Removing for defensive sub with the lead

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 10:50 am

I never use it.

coyote303

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 8:17 pm

austinmdavidson wrote:Can't believe this needs to be said, but checking the box "remove for defensive sub with lead" should not be interpreted by HAL as "substitute for this guy no matter what, even if all available players are worse defensively." Or even worse, they're not rated at the position at all!! Just insanely stupid. The setting should only kick in if there is a superior defender available! On what planet would a manger affirmatively want to WORSEN their defense with a late lead? Good god.

I agree 100 percent. This should be fixed.

Unlike andy above, I do use it, but I use it carefully.

andycummings65

PostFri Mar 05, 2021 11:36 pm

I find that listing defensive subs on the Team Strategy page to work much better.

coyote303

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 2:42 am

andycummings65 wrote:I find that listing defensive subs on the Team Strategy page to work much better.

It's certainly safer. However, the game often doesn't sub off the Team Strategy settings. So, if I really want a guy pulled, I use the hitter preference setting.

MaxPower

PostSat Mar 06, 2021 2:54 am

Right, the team strategy page is safer and I use it when possible. But sometimes the hitters prefs setting would just make more sense, e.g., when a defensive sub is a part-time starter, so he's already in the lineup when HAL goes looking for a sub. The larger issue is that both settings should be equally "safe" because one of the settings inserting a WORSE defender is utterly donkey brained!

ScottyDouglas

PostMon Mar 08, 2021 1:06 am

Why not avoid all this and play the game for real H2H or against HAL? Never understood why someone wants to invest in a quick play.

MaxPower

PostTue Mar 09, 2021 8:24 pm

ScottyDouglas wrote:Why not avoid all this and play the game for real H2H or against HAL? Never understood why someone wants to invest in a quick play.

"Have you considered not playing the game?" Brilliant post, not playing the game would indeed solve every single problem related to playing the game. Profound stuff.

ScottyDouglas

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 3:25 am

austinmdavidson wrote:
ScottyDouglas wrote:Why not avoid all this and play the game for real H2H or against HAL? Never understood why someone wants to invest in a quick play.

"Have you considered not playing the game?" Brilliant post, not playing the game would indeed solve every single problem related to playing the game. Profound stuff.

It is quite profound that you are on a Strat-O-Matic site and have no idea what Strat-O-Matic is. "Have you considered not playing the game?" When did I say this? That you got this out of what I said is absent of understanding of the game. Strat365 is not true Strat, it is a Strat-O-Matic clone of fantasy baseball. Real Strat is played H2H, what I said, or against HAL, what I said, with card and dice or on PC. In fact, Strat365 is not even Fantasy baseball where you watch the games and tally points for your team but yet a quick play where all decisions are made by a computer and absent of real managerial skill.

MaxPower

PostThu Mar 18, 2021 5:35 pm

My dude, you are on a forum specifically devoted to suggestions for Strat 365, telling people that the solution to their issues with Strat 365 is to not play Strat 365. No need to get huffy just because I point out that you're on some real galaxy brain shit.
Next

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM