Removing for defensive sub with the lead

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ScottyDouglas

Re: Removing for defensive sub with the lead

PostSat Mar 20, 2021 8:26 pm

austinmdavidson wrote:My dude, you are on a forum specifically devoted to suggestions for Strat 365, telling people that the solution to their issues with Strat 365 is to not play Strat 365. No need to get huffy just because I point out that you're on some real galaxy brain shit.

This issue is not a 365 issue. This is a Strat game issue. HAL is in windows as well, which has the same sub-options, with the same issues.

ScottyDouglas

PostSat Mar 20, 2021 8:33 pm

ScottyDouglas wrote:
austinmdavidson wrote:My dude, you are on a forum specifically devoted to suggestions for Strat 365, telling people that the solution to their issues with Strat 365 is to not play Strat 365. No need to get huffy just because I point out that you're on some real galaxy brain shit.

This issue is not a 365 issue. This is a Strat game issue. HAL is in windows as well, which has the same sub-options, with the same issues. This form may be mainly 365 but is devoted to 365, it is a Strat forum that very few board and windows users use. Just because only 365 mainly uses it does not mean it was devoted to 365.

ScottyDouglas

PostSat Mar 20, 2021 8:34 pm

ScottyDouglas wrote:
ScottyDouglas wrote:

This issue is not a 365 issue. This is a Strat game issue. HAL is in windows as well, which has the same sub-options, with the same issues. This form may be mainly 365 but was never devoted to 365, it is a Strat forum that very few board and windows users use. Just because only 365 mainly uses it does not mean it was devoted to 365.

MaxPower

PostSun Mar 21, 2021 2:03 am

ScottyDouglas wrote:Just because only 365 mainly uses it does not mean it was devoted to 365.

Ah, here we find the trouble, you honestly don't know where you are. My apologies, I mistook you for a griefer.

I'm pretty sure this forum is actually devoted to 365. My context clues include the title of the forum being "Strat-O-Matic 365," as seen on the top of every page, e.g. "Jump to: Board index » Strat-O-Matic 365 » Wish List, Suggestions for SOM" etc. Hence my confusion about your suggestion!

And I'm not sure I agree that this problem goes beyond 365. I can't recall seeing HAL insert an inferior fielder purely as a defensive sub in the Windows game.

coyote303

PostSun Mar 21, 2021 9:11 pm

This forum is in fact only for online Strat-O-Matic as noted in the forum rules:
1. This forum is for healthy discussion about Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online only. Talk about online baseball, debate about strategy, get help for your teams, ask a general knowledge question about the game, even rant about last night's heartbreaking loss. We encourage you to participate, as long as you contribute towards a positive experience for the community.

2. This forum is not to be used for discussion of other Strat-O-Matic products (such as board games and Windows games). The Strat-O-Matic Fan Forum is a separate forum that exists for those discussions. It can be found at this URL: http://www.stratfanforum.com/forums/

I don't care if I see an occasional post about the board or Windows game. However, technically this isn't the place for it.

STEVENSTEFFANNI

PostSun May 30, 2021 9:06 am

using defensive switch can be a double edge sword if it occurs with a one run lead...ive had a few instances where one of my best players was removed and extra innigs resulted ...could have used that bat!...but percentages favor removing him i would imagine

dustoid

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 7:36 pm

Total agreement here. The substitute with lead has to better defined. I don’t believe anyone would substitute a power bat for a kick kellerher glove in the 9th inning. This needs to be re-examined. :lol:

ploughboy1526

PostTue Oct 05, 2021 5:46 pm

Simply use replace with defensive sub in hitter settings or preferences and put the replacement into defensive sub for the position in strategy.

Never had a problem.

egvrich

PostThu Oct 07, 2021 7:04 pm

andycummings65 wrote:I find that listing defensive subs on the Team Strategy page to work much better.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said!!

joethejet

PostThu Nov 04, 2021 12:15 am

Here's an example of Hal making a sub that I don't have listed as either "remove" or as a D sub on the strategy page. What the heck!??

https://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/g ... 456944/755
Previous

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM