Beyond 365 (a poll of sorts)

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

ggyuppie

Beyond 365 (a poll of sorts)

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 4:05 pm

I see lots of posts lately...guys expressing dissatisfaction with Strat-o-Matic...the data hack being central most recently, but also about customer service in general, lack of communication, lack of investment in the product itself, etc. Obviously, if you’re really unhappy with the 365 experience, you can vote with your feet, it’s not like Strat is the only game in town. Which got me wondering, do you play any baseball SIM’s besides Strat365? The PC game? How bout other companies’ games?

In the last couple years, I’ve tried Strat’s PC game, OOTP, Diamond Mind Baseball, Dynasty League Baseball Online and Inside Pitch Baseball. The only one that has stuck for me is Dynasty. The majority of the time I spend on the hobby now is with my DLBO leagues. Other than that, it’s 365. The other games mentioned, I’ve tinkered with for a bit and set aside.

My biggest complaints about Strat’s PC game are (1) the archaic and non-intuitive interface, poor graphics (no matter what I do with settings, I have a hard time reading the pbp text, and the card images are worse than awful) and (3) a glitchy “web-play” feature, which gets so many bad reviews I haven’t even really tried it.

For its game design, visuals and ease of play features, especially for playing head to head in real time, Dynasty is hard to beat. Diamond Mind and Inside Pitch are more suited to solo or correspondence play, IMO.

I haven’t had much reason to contact customer service with these other companies: OOTP isn’t for me but it is a legit product and I’ll bet their customer service is good, they clearly invest big money in the product. Dynasty’s communication is very good. The owner of the company actively engages with his customers through the Facebook group page. Imagine my surprise when the first time I had a question, Mike answered me directly less than a half hour later.

In addition to their PC game, which is very robust, Diamond Mind also runs a 365-like product. As far as I know, this is the only direct competition to Strat365 out there. I have never tried it. Have any of you?

ScottyDouglas

Re: Beyond 365 (a poll of sorts)

PostSun Mar 07, 2021 3:26 am

Thanks for your information. I too am very discouraged with Strat-O-Matic's effort to improve their game. They link the Stratfan forum which is notorious for its dictator-style forum and intolerance for different views. As for the graphics on Strat windows game, you can change the graphics to your liking.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM