Balanced schedules and new league structures

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

nightwasp1

Balanced schedules and new league structures

PostSun Jan 26, 2020 10:17 am

It's a snap to customize the number of teams, divisions, and scheduling, with the game itself. Why are we stuck with two options? I'm 20 games over .500 with a few games left, and out of the playoffs, and a team that's two over is going through. We should be able to toggle the number of games inside division, and I'd like to have the ability to create single 8 and 10 team leagues with balanced schedules.

Frankly, in a computer simulation, divisions just skew the results and give poor managers a better shot at winning. Having all the teams in a single league, like in European soccer, would be a truer way of deciding who did the best job of putting a team together.

Another option that would be interesting and easy is to designate in advance a generic balanced stadium for the entire league. So much of a team's success comes down to landing in the right mix of teams. Obviously, not to everyone's tastes, but I could see some folks finding the idea attractive.

lexomatic

Re: Balanced schedules and new league structures

PostFri May 29, 2020 6:39 am

I would love this I may have lost out on a playoff spot recent when I had to play more out of division games against the team I always lost to instead of the one I always beat. 1-3 games would've made the difference

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM