Staggered Schedule

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Dougout

Staggered Schedule

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Would be nice to stagger the schedule, like they do in the BIGS. Perhaps a few teams playing a three game series, while the others in the league play a four game set.

This would help eliminate, number one starter from always facing the other teams numero uno!

Just a thought.

ggyuppie

Re: Staggered Schedule

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 1:17 pm

I like that idea, anything to disrupt the cadence would be cool.

Another plus would be if * starting pitchers’ actually miss a start due to injury occasionally. It seems to me that a significant proportion of * pitchers are overused in the game, because the way the injury system works, SP’s virtually never miss a start due to injury.

If you go back to the 154 games per season era, if a pitcher in a 4-man rotation never missed a start, he would log 38 or 39 starts. When you go to 162 games, it’s 40 or 41 starts. The old-timers regularly hit the max, but not always, and in more recent times none of them do. In fact, the last pitcher to log 40 starts in a season was Charlie Hough, in 1987.

It would be good if the injury system more effectively hit SP’s who didn’t log maximum starts in the carded season. Outside the cheap-starters-and-super-relievers strategy, such a change would make building a roster a little more challenging.

The super-advanced injury system addresses this, maybe too well! In my limited play under that system, pitchers seem to get hurt all the time.

BC15NY

Re: Staggered Schedule

PostFri Feb 23, 2018 6:44 pm

ggyuppie wrote:I like that idea, anything to disrupt the cadence would be cool.

Another plus would be if * starting pitchers’ actually miss a start due to injury occasionally. It seems to me that a significant proportion of * pitchers are overused in the game, because the way the injury system works, SP’s virtually never miss a start due to injury.

If you go back to the 154 games per season era, if a pitcher in a 4-man rotation never missed a start, he would log 38 or 39 starts. When you go to 162 games, it’s 40 or 41 starts. The old-timers regularly hit the max, but not always, and in more recent times none of them do. In fact, the last pitcher to log 40 starts in a season was Charlie Hough, in 1987.

It would be good if the injury system more effectively hit SP’s who didn’t log maximum starts in the carded season. Outside the cheap-starters-and-super-relievers strategy, such a change would make building a roster a little more challenging.

The super-advanced injury system addresses this, maybe too well! In my limited play under that system, pitchers seem to get hurt all the time.

Not a fan of adding more injuries to ATG, but it would be interesting if * starters below 250 innings, perhaps, could get a 7-game injury instead of 3, so they would have to miss a turn and your 5th starter (Luis Leal?) would have to start a game.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM