Be careful what you ask for!

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

Be careful what you ask for!

PostThu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 am

For those of you who would like to see plate appearances and innings pitched limited in our online baseball game, think again. Essentially, this feature is implemented in the football game. (If a player is being overused, he gets injured for a game.) In my opinion (and I dare say the opinion of many), this decision has been a disaster. Absolutely horrible. And if you don't believe me, give the football game a try!

wavygravy2k

Re: Be careful what you ask for!

PostFri Oct 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Agreed. I didn't spend the time to read how it's done but WhatIfSports has this feature and it's a bit of a turn off and also tedious to have to manage your team around something like this.

tplatypi

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 pm

There is a way this could be implemented that wouldn’t be tedious. It could be setup that a player is just automatically injured for the rest of the season when they hit their appearance limit. You could be allowed to drop them at that point with no or limited drop penalty and pick someone else up off the FA market. If this auto injury was put into the game, you could choose to use a player sparingly, or just play them until they were “used up”. Having a player go out with a season ending injury is far more common in real life than it is in Strat, so in a way I think this would enhance the realism of the game.
Another minor enhancement of this could be to to have the appearance limit be a “mystery number” that is say +/- 20% of the actual limit, so you couldn’t predict exactly when the injury would occur. I would actually like to see this change made to the game. I think it would be both realistic and make the game more fun and challenging.

BC15NY

PostSun Feb 04, 2018 5:01 pm

tplatypi wrote:There is a way this could be implemented that wouldn’t be tedious. It could be setup that a player is just automatically injured for the rest of the season when they hit their appearance limit. You could be allowed to drop them at that point with no or limited drop penalty and pick someone else up off the FA market. If this auto injury was put into the game, you could choose to use a player sparingly, or just play them until they were “used up”. Having a player go out with a season ending injury is far more common in real life than it is in Strat, so in a way I think this would enhance the realism of the game.
Another minor enhancement of this could be to to have the appearance limit be a “mystery number” that is say +/- 20% of the actual limit, so you couldn’t predict exactly when the injury would occur. I would actually like to see this change made to the game. I think it would be both realistic and make the game more fun and challenging.

I would not want to see a "mystery" component added to ATG. It just introduces another element of luck. In ATG you decide what cards you spend your cash on and you know what you're getting. I prefer the game stays the way it is. For super relievers, just lower Dale Murray et all to R-2, problem solved. For Gates Brown, petition to get him pulled from the set. (Can't think of any other low AB player that is really in his category).

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM