Fully rested pitcher bypassed in favor of F0 pitcher

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paul8210

Fully rested pitcher bypassed in favor of F0 pitcher

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 5:32 am

I read blog from several weeks ago about why a certain pitcher was used in a certain situation when there were better options. Fair enough.

However, a fully rested S/R not assigned a role and not in the current 3-game or next 3-game starting rotation will still be bypassed in relief in favor of a fully fatigued pitcher, even a pitcher who is not a reliever.

That ain't right.

If a pitcher assigned a role is fully fatigued from previous games HAL should bypass him and use another available pitcher who is fully rested and not restricted by other settings.

Suggestion: For Pitcher Preferences provide checkboxes to allow us to temporarily inactivate role setting so that HAL will manage bullpen without our settings. Otherwise, we would need to delete and re-add the next day and that's no fun.

coyote303

Re: Fully rested pitcher bypassed in favor of F0 pitcher

PostSun Jul 09, 2017 11:22 pm

paul8210 wrote:However, a fully rested S/R not assigned a role and not in the current 3-game or next 3-game starting rotation will still be bypassed in relief in favor of a fully fatigued pitcher, even a pitcher who is not a reliever.

So was he listed on either your starting rotation or listed as a starter for a future game (i.e., more than three games into the future)? I'm always careful not to list anyone I want to relieve in either capacity. However, this can make for lots of micromanaging.

paul8210

PostMon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 pm

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/433484/382

Gary Nolan brought in to relief in Game 64. He is only a starter. F0, of course.
Clyde Wright, who last pitched in Game 55, was available, but, not assigned a role. He was not slotted as a future starter or a default starter. I, too, am careful, not to schedule in advance.

So much for the wisdom of having an 11-man pitching staff.

coyote303

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 pm

Yeah, you got scr***d on that one. Sometimes the AI/HAL does something like this that makes no sense.

I had one season that HAL occasionally would bring in my backup catcher for no reason whatsoever. While I don't remember it costing me any games, there was no logic to it at all.

Overall, I think HAL does better than people give it (him?) credit. However, it still hurts when its stupidity costs a game.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM