Running Speed Determination

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Vanguy77

Running Speed Determination

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 12:41 pm

I've played Strat for decades, but I have always been curious about something. Maybe someone here can shed some light on it.

How does Strat determine Running Speed for each of the thousands of players rated in the game? How exactly is it calculated?

Running Speed is completely different then the ability to steal bases, and is rated differently in game. Which is as it should be. Many fast players are not great base stealers, as they either lack the ability to read the pitcher, or do not have great two-step acceleration. Strat has gotten this right, as I've seen many C and D stealers who still have decent running speed.

The same applies to doubles and triples hit. A fast player may simply not get many extra base hits, more due to his hitting ability then to his overall speed. Plus there have been many slower players that manage to rack up a lot of doubles, and even triples.

More recent players are all clocked going from 1st to 3rd, but I'm pretty sure this type of data would not be available for players from the Dead Ball era for instance.

So how exactly is this Running rating determined? Hopefully someone in the know can clear up this mystery.

Thanks!

Valen

Re: Running Speed Determination

PostFri Aug 04, 2017 6:46 pm

I expect if you did get a response from Strat it would be along the lines of that is a proprietary calculation that takes in to account multiple factors. You will never get details.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM