Per Game Line Ups

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

mburatti76

Per Game Line Ups

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 10:32 pm

This would be a really nice feature to have in the Mystery card games. There are times I have guys on my bench that I would like to get some AB's out of to try to figure out their value. Then you look at the match ups for the night and you're facing 3 RH pitchers. At this point, you'd really hate bench your regular starter in all 3 games, but it would be nice if you could go in like you do for each day's starting pitcher and set a specific line up for each game. Then you could plug a bench guy or two in for a game here and there and try to peg their year. It would also be nice if you saw you had a match up where you were facing Tom Glavine in one game who is generally tougher on RH batters and Randy Johnson who is generally much tougher on LH batters. You could then stack your line up for the Glavine game with a couple of extra lefties if you had them on your bench and just leave your standard line up vs LHP already offered in the strat format in place for the Johnson game.

mai_kingdra

Re: Per Game Line Ups

PostWed Jan 25, 2017 8:17 pm

I like the idea.

Another situation that could benefit from the feature enhancement you described is when you have an injured starter(hitter) that will return for the 2nd or 3rd game of the night. If your sub for the injured player is a major step down, you may adjust your lineup to compensate (i.e. you don't want Duffy Dyer batting 3rd when Johnny Bench is hurt) until the starter returns to the lineup.

Using the "lineup per game" idea, the mgr could make the best of this situation.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM