Drop Buttons

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

george barnard

Drop Buttons

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 5:16 pm

In theory this is the one forum that the powers that be at SOM supposedly read...so maybe they will read this.

GET RID OF THE DROP BUTTONS!!!

Nobody wants them. Nobody asked for them.

This forum has dozens of ideas, many very good, some debatable (the reason for a forum, no?). Instead, we get a silly addition that in no way enhances the game, and in fact detracts from it. Do the right thing...dump the buttons!

And please, listen to the people here. Engage with us. Give the ATGers some new cards. Set up single-year leagues on a yearly basis. Allow people to set individual players to be aggressive on the bases and other slugs to move base to base. I don't know....read the forum here!!

Oh, yeah... and just drop the drop buttons!

Bill

PS I'm one of the quiet guys around here. If I'm angry, no telling how others feel. And you know what would be the worst....indifference. Is that what you are looking for?

STEVE F

Re: Drop Buttons

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 5:27 pm

agree, they are distracting and serve no purpose.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostThu Jun 16, 2016 8:33 pm

What? And write-off 720 hours of development and testing???? What are you thinking!!!!!

Don't forget the 400 hours of graphic design to create the button image!!!

LOL (I am FUNNNNNNY) :-)

jcheney2013

PostTue Jun 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Let's keep this at the top of the list.

Bump

coolhandlewke

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 1:29 am

no reason to get rid of them now that we have them. as far down my list as they were, and as annoying as they initially were, it does make it easier to replace players on your team.

george barnard

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 3:27 am

coolhandlewke wrote:no reason to get rid of them now that we have them. as far down my list as they were, and as annoying as they initially were, it does make it easier to replace players on your team.

I really can't agree with you. They are still annoying. They don't do anything to speed up the process of dropping players. Coding time that could have been better spent providing us with something that we wanted instead of with some intern's project. Please...dump these hideous things.

STEVE F

PostThu Jul 14, 2016 12:30 pm

I refuse to use them. I still do it the old way , by clicking on players salary. That yellow is visually distracting

coyote303

PostMon Jul 18, 2016 2:57 pm

STEVE F wrote:I refuse to use them. I still do it the old way , by clicking on players salary. That yellow is visually distracting

I never even noticed the yellow buttons until I read your post and looked for them. I will confess that I, too, still drop players by clicking on their salary.

However, those drop buttons aren't so much for us veterans. They are mostly for new players. Clicking on a player's salary to drop them isn't exactly intuitive. So anything to make the game easier for a new player I'm all for.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM