Outfield Arm Settings - Runner Advance

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Verbal Warrior

Outfield Arm Settings - Runner Advance

PostFri May 13, 2016 11:19 pm

I don't know about you but waaaaay back when I actually played the dice game I would run on certain Outfield arms and not on others depending on where the ball was hit.

Seems to me it should be a basic feature of the online game, to have a setting where you can run based on what the arm rating is. For example clicking yes on a -1 and up would mean running on every arm that has that rating while not running on anything lower and so on and so forth. I'm not running on Winfield's -5 but I will on Roy White's +3

Should also be in play for catcher's ratings when you go against a platoon that has a catcher with a poorer arm so you don't have to have these blanket strategy ratings for a 3 game series with a team and in general.

Make it so Strat-O!

coyote303

Re: Outfield Arm Settings - Runner Advance

PostSat May 14, 2016 12:52 am

This really isn't needed. HAL bases his decision on the net rating, which is what you should be doing if you were manager. You take the extra base because your net odds are 1-15 safe (out of 20 chances)--or whatever your threshold is. The arm rating obviously affects the net chance, but arm rating itself shouldn't be your determining factor.

A few things effect your chances of being safe besides the arm rating, such as number of outs and where the ball is hit.

ROBERTLATORRE

Re: Outfield Arm Settings - Runner Advance

PostSat May 14, 2016 8:49 am

The PC game has advanced base running logic available in the CM/HAL. Doubt it will ever be available in the online game.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM