Please allow us to avoid pinch hitting for the SP

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Rosie2167

Please allow us to avoid pinch hitting for the SP

PostTue Mar 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Seems HAL loves to find a reason to PH for any and all SP's as the game rolls into the 7-9 innings. This most recent time might have cost me game 1 in the 60's Mystery playoffs. Link to the game below...but here's the scenario.

Turk Farrell S8/R3, on one of his two best years (62 or 63), has a 3 hitter through 7 innings and is leading 4-1. Top of the 8th my first two guys get on, so runners at 1st and 2nd base no outs. Scheduled to hit is Farrell, who is a 2NR C bunter. Farrell is currently at F9. Farrell is pulled for a PH, (a good one but still).

Now its the playoffs and we're playing a very good team and there's no way to really know where the rolls fall, but my relievers give up a solo HR (to Alley, 6 HRs on the season) in the 8th and back to back solo HR's (Conigliaro 35 HRs, Cardenas 8 HRs) in the bottom of the 9th with two out to force extras. UGH.

Again not saying it wouldn't have turned out the exact same way, but I would love the option to provide HAL with the guidance

DO NOT REMOVE MY PITCHER WITH A LEAD UNLESS HE'S REACHED HIS FATIGUE LEVEL

or some variation of that that allows me to try a keep a guy that is humming along in the game...ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SITUATION HE WAS PINCH HIT FOR IS SCREAMING BUNT!

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/playbyplay/428896/974

Ok that was good therapy, tks!
Rosie

FALCON29

Re: Please allow us to avoid pinch hitting for the SP

PostTue Mar 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Especially in the 60s and 70s Mystery Sets, considering the era, I find too many SPs pulled with comfortable leads when not in trouble after 8.2 innings. CG were all the rage back then. Why not let 'em finish?

coyote303

PostSat Mar 26, 2016 6:29 pm

FALCON29 wrote:Especially in the 60s and 70s Mystery Sets, considering the era, I find too many SPs pulled with comfortable leads when not in trouble after 8.2 innings. CG were all the rage back then. Why not let 'em finish?

I am curious if you have your closer setting set to Maximize under Team Strategy? If you do, try changing it to Regular and see if that helps.

Rosie2167

PostSun Mar 27, 2016 12:47 pm

Closer has been set to regular

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM