Lobbying for change, how?

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Rosie2167

Lobbying for change, how?

PostWed Sep 02, 2015 3:01 pm

There's a tremendous amount of solid ideas/enhancements discussed on these boards. What I'm curious to find out from some of the guys that have been on here for 3+ yrs is...what if any of the ideas/enhancements have been incorporated into the online version? AND if there have been some, how was that accomplished? Seems we should follow a similar path if there has been some track record of success. If not, then we should as a group create a better way to collectively get behind and present our ideas.

In doing so though we need to recognize that SOM supports much more than baseball. Not sure what % of revenues comes from the online version but for me, as a stakeholder in a business, that would be a large part of the equation in determining the development resources applied. At the end of the day software changes aren't difficult, in my experience its the current backlog and assessing the impact (insert increased $$ or playability or coolness factors here) of those enhancements that drives change.

interested in any and all feedback
R

milleram

Re: Lobbying for change, how?

PostSat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm not 3 years plus (though 2 years plus) but since no one else responded, I will---there are good ideas here, but I have never seen any kind of a response from strat--I wonder if they even bother to read this---at least they could acknowledge a good, easy to implement idea. Since they don't respond at all ---I don't think they care what any of us think.

wavygravy2k

PostWed Sep 16, 2015 6:10 pm

When SOM was on TSN I wrote a few Greasemonkey scripts that modified some of the web pages to help enhance the playing experience. I think I have noticed a few changes over the years that coincided with the scripts I wrote:

SOM Game Channel
Watch a game unfold with a "GameChannel" type simulation.

Cash Available
Shows Cash Available for your team and the other team on "Offer Trade" page.

Strat-O-Matic View Yesterday's Splits
Stores lefty/righty splits for each team in league for later viewing. Before, when a player became a free agent L/R splits weren't accessible for that player.

Stratomatic Sortable Team Stats
Sortable columns on Team Stats page

Valen

PostWed Sep 23, 2015 10:51 am

What strato has said in the past is the boards in general are not monitored. They have moderators who basically only monitor for rules violations or problems between participants. So suggestions made in say the ATG forum are strictly fun topics for discussion with little chance of becoming reality.

They have said they monitor this wish list forum. Though very few have ever been addressed. At one time there was a wiki page that showed the things they were supposedly working on but pretty sure that is now a forgotten memory.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM