I WISH...

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

I WISH...

PostWed Aug 05, 2015 11:58 pm

I wish they would fix the bug where HAL makes a defensive substitution when your team is losing.

Note Kennedy coming in for Ward:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/427308/678

EDIT: I should mention the change was based on a Team Strategy option (as opposed to Hitter Preferences).

paul8210

Re: I WISH...

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 4:22 pm

But you need someone to throw accurately to the less-gifted Frank Howard at first, who had to substitute for Vic Wertz. :D

coyote303

PostSat Aug 08, 2015 7:11 pm

So, you're insinuating that corner defense is not the strength of this team? How rude! :lol:

poolman

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 4:32 pm

I just wish hal would be forced to watch some actual baseball, so he could get a feel for the game he's trying to simulate. hitters of singles taking 2nd on the throw to 3rd has been debated before, and I firmly believe hal allows it at a much higher clip than reality supports. In a game yesterday he allowed it in the 9th, with me up by 2 runs. no mlb player that wanted to keep his job would miss the cutoff in that situation. they wouldn't even feign a throw to 3rd. the run is meaningless. during the series he also had 3 base stealers on my team thrown out late in games I trailed by at least 4 runs. another situation that would never happen in mlb. it might be complicated programming but is some situational awareness too much to ask?

l.strether

PostSun Aug 09, 2015 8:17 pm

They haven't figured out a way to make a "don't steal 3rd" or "don't steal home" command. I think asking for them to not go for runners taking 3rd with runners taking 2nd on a single might be a bit much to ask...;)

As to your 3 runners getting thrown out, that could have been your settings if you had your steal setting at aggressive or higher and/or had runners at "steal more."

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM