All-Time Greats - Mystery Card set

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Icterus Galbuli

All-Time Greats - Mystery Card set

PostThu May 28, 2015 4:40 pm

Create a card set which includes a player's first full season and then their 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th best seasons.

garmonaitis

Re: All-Time Greats - Mystery Card set

PostWed Sep 09, 2015 1:42 pm

In my opinion an All-time great mystery set should be guys who had a minimum 10 year career. So take the three years closest to the mean, their best and worst year.

Valen

PostWed Sep 16, 2015 10:24 am

Not personally fond of mystery card sets. But if you are going to create enough ATG cards for having a mystery game why not just add the required number of cards to ATG and then make mystery or non-mystery an option when creating a league?

So those who like mystery game can create/join a mystery league and those who do not can have access to all those extra cards. Everyone is happy. :D

If this were done it would also be nice if there was an option for doing a hybrid. This would be an option when creating a league for generating a custom player pool where for each player one year is randomly selected. Everyone sees the year and that year is only one available for that league.

While dreaming why not make the above available for all mystery games? Or merge them all. Then when generating an ATG mystery league you could select a decade subset if desired. Somewhat similar to how you can now select pre or post WW2.

Agree with any ATG set being limited to players with at least some number of years minimum length career. 10 does seem like a tidy round number though it could just as easily be 9 or 11 or some other number. Or maybe even have an option when creating a league to specify the career length to be included. Selecting 5 gives you every player while selecting a higher number eliminates those with shorter careers.

PowellCrosleyJr

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Let's do a "Hall of Fame" mystery set.

LMBombers

PostFri Nov 27, 2015 4:21 pm

It would be rough to not have cheaper players for your bench and bullpen. In fact I doubt there would be enough bullpen guys at any price in the HOF for a SOM league.

Garyt

PostSat Nov 28, 2015 12:51 am

I Like the idea of taking a players 5 or so prime years. 5 contiguous years when they were at their peak. I like the idea of the mystery card game, but an average would work too.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM