Stealing 3rd with two outs

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

l.strether

Re: Stealing 3rd with two outs

PostTue Feb 24, 2015 5:55 pm

You didn't seem to think "real life players fail to follow the rules all the time" in your previous post:
coolhandlewke wrote:nothing is ever sure, but runners are supposed to follow the unwritten rule unless they are VERY confident.

As to Hal making "bonehead plays more than the norm," I would say that's solely restricted to occasional unwanted steals of 2nd and third. That being said, nobody ever cries when Hal successfully steals third or home without the manager's wishes. The managers just usually add that successful play as proof of his strategies, not HAL's. If HAL actually made substantially more "bonehead plays" than the norm, this game wouldn't work. It does, so HAL predominantly does ok.

As I've said on other posts, the best way to avoid unwanted steals is steal clear of "aggressive" or "very aggressive," put players you want stealing on "steal more," and players you don't on "don't steal."

Rosie2167

Re: Stealing 3rd with two outs

PostMon Mar 09, 2015 6:37 pm

And those steal of home attempts, don't forget those lovely gems. I cringe every time my runners are in situations that might lead to bad (IMO) base running/stealing decisions by HAL. Irregardless of the outcome. Sure I'm grateful when it works but that doesn't make it any less frustrating; to have a guy thrown out at home with one out and Aaron due up or the game tying run on second and the ill timed steal of third or the rally loving runner thrown out at third with no outs and you're down by 5.
Previous

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM