Disabled List

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

GERARDGOEDHART

Disabled List

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 5:29 pm

I would like to see the ability to place a player on a disabled list when he is hurt for 10-15 games. This is really needed for catchers since they get injured more often. The concept is you place an injured player on the disabled list and replace him with the same positional player at the same or lesser salary. At the end of the injury, you have to release the replacement player before you can activate. There would be no penalty to the cap.

geekor

Re: Disabled List

PostTue Nov 19, 2013 6:17 pm

First with the catchers you already have the fail safe that your last catcher won't get hurt.

2nd all salaries are based off injury probabilities and how many games they will probably play.

3rd, that just gives extra for going for high injury players, which are already priced low enough to compensate for that.

GERARDGOEDHART

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 am

Thank you for information. I'm fairly new to the on-line game. Just to clarify, when a catcher is hurt, your second catcher cannot be hurt while the first catcher is out. Please confirm and point me out where to find this rule. Ironically, I just had Avila hurt for 15 games tonight and have Wilson Ramos as my backup catcher. I really appreciate your response.

andycummings65

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 11:59 am

Yes, it is true that if Catcher A is injured, the Catcher B cannot be injured for duration of Catcher A's injury.

However, IF you have another player who may be eligible at catcher on your roster, then this doesn't apply.

All this rule does is make sure you are never down to ZERO eligible catchers through in jury.

geekor

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm

andycummings65 wrote:Yes, it is true that if Catcher A is injured, the Catcher B cannot be injured for duration of Catcher A's injury.

However, IF you have another player who may be eligible at catcher on your roster, then this doesn't apply.

All this rule does is make sure you are never down to ZERO eligible catchers through in jury.

correct, just make sure you don't have someone like Pacheco who also has a C rating hidden on your team. It makes sense then to have a high injury backup C since they can't be injured.

I will mention that Catcher is the ONLY position where this applies, every other position you will need backup, or multiple backups. And if you run out of enough possible hitters, they will make pitchers play the field.

GERARDGOEDHART

PostWed Nov 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Great information. Thank you very much.

rburgh

PostSun Dec 01, 2013 3:06 pm

This rule has been in the computer game for a long time. I believe it's also in the board game rules. The purpose was to avoid them having to card 3 or 4 catchers for each team back in the days of paper cards.

BrotherA4him

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Great info on the catcher injuries. I have been playing for awhile, but this a subtlety I did not know. It will certainly help me in the future. I had always made sure I had 3 eligible catchers on my roster just in case.
However, this doesn't keep crazy Hal form pinch-running for your ONLY catcher, does it? I think I've seen this.
-Austin

LMBombers

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 3:23 pm

No, Hal can and does sometimes PH or PR for your last healthy catcher. Also should you have that catcher marked as "remove for defensive substitute" HAL will remove him late in a game with a player not even rated at C so never check that box on your backup catcher.

In addition should you have one of your catchers as the starting DH Hal will not move him to C should the one playing catcher become injured.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM