Problem with "Rolls"

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

joethejet

Problem with "Rolls"

PostWed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 am

After a lousy start I took at look at the "Sim Misc" stats and, to my surprise, my opponents had rolled on my card most of the time! Not believing this and having only six games to count, count I did. I determined that the numbers must be wrong.

The website had 96 rolls on the hitter's cards, I counted 116. On the pitchers cards the site says 119 and I counted 108!

Now, I might be off by one or two, but it's not likely I'm off by 10 for one and 20 for the other! If you invert the numbers, then you would be closer it would be 108 to 96 and 116 to 119. I can *almost* believe that, but the numbers are still wrong. Do a rough count of rolls by adding ABs+BBs, I get 229, their total is 215, just aren't that many HBPs!

The league is NLD 34 and my team is the Hotlanta Olympians.

joethejet

Re: Problem with "Rolls"

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 1:42 am

Something is fishy with "rolls" again. So, I checked the rolls tonight and, on the hitter's cards, it jumped from 96-176!! :shock: I wish I would have taken a screen shot of the pitcher-by-pitcher numbers because then I would know for sure if they changed something, but my hunch is that Bernie found a problem in the code. Either that or DJ *averaged* nearly 27 rolls on his card per game and only 12/game on mine and still lost two of them!

I counted again and came up with 45 rolls on the pitcher's cards. Combining that with my count from last night, you get 161 which is very close to the 154 they posted. The plot thickens!

Semper Gumby

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Using the massive number of computer hackers sidelined from being exposed this summer, I - sort of - altered the rolls from China. ;)

joethejet

PostFri Nov 08, 2013 2:22 am

Semper Gumby wrote:Using the massive number of computer hackers sidelined from being exposed this summer, I - sort of - altered the rolls from China. ;)

LOL :lol: :lol:

No comment from SOM on this one? Come on guys, you can tell us when we helped you find a bug. Makes us feel like this forum actually has an impact! :D

coyote303

PostFri Nov 08, 2013 3:00 am

No comment from SOM on this one? Come on guys, you can tell us when we helped you find a bug. Makes us feel like this forum actually has an impact!

Next you're going to tell us you expect a call from Simon Cowell asking you to appear on the X Factor because he heard you singing in the shower! :lol:

joethejet

PostFri Nov 08, 2013 4:02 pm

coyote303 wrote:
No comment from SOM on this one? Come on guys, you can tell us when we helped you find a bug. Makes us feel like this forum actually has an impact!

Next you're going to tell us you expect a call from Simon Cowell asking you to appear on the X Factor because he heard you singing in the shower! :lol:

:lol: LOL :lol:

STEVE F

PostFri Nov 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Well, it would be nice if Strat at least tried to explain this :?:

joethejet

PostSat Nov 09, 2013 4:02 am

STEVE F wrote:Well, it would be nice if Strat at least tried to explain this :?:

No Doubt.

TomSiebert

PostFri Nov 29, 2013 3:03 pm

I want to BUMP this because it's REALLY uncool that Strat is ignoring this.

Bernie would not have. Remember Bernie? He was almost always communicative. He got cut loose without much explanation. The new powers that be are far less accommodating, far more arrogant in their decisions what to address and what not to address.

The conclusion I draw: The system is f#c&3d up. They don't know how to fix it. So they don't address it.

tws

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM