16 Team League Option

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

GERARDGOEDHART

16 Team League Option

PostThu Oct 31, 2013 3:52 pm

I would like to see a 16 team league option. The league would consist of 4 division of 4 teams each. Teams would play 18 games in their division and 9 games against all other teams in the league (18*3 = 54 games in divison; 9*12 = 108 outside division). The playoff would be like the 24 team option (4 division winners, 2 wild cards).

This format would allow leagues to go deeper into the player sets, especially in the Mystery Sets, which do not have a 24 team option. Although I enjoy the 12 team formats, I think this option would be a very popular for many leagues. More teams = more competition = better leagues.

Thank you for your consideration. I welcome comments.

geekor

Re: 16 Team League Option

PostFri Nov 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Actually THIS option that you stated here was what most people wanted when we asked for bigger leagues. We did not want 24 team leagues, 16 was preferred my mostly everyone.

Again like usual, they didn't listen to their customer base.

So a big +1, 16 is the most realistic and has the most even scheduling options. It dilutes the player/team ratio much better than 24 which kills the available players in anything but ATG.

Rosie2167

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 2:37 pm

YES! 16 team option would be great. Get deeper into the players, less All-star feel to the teams...SOM please consider!!

STEVE F

PostFri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I would also welcome and use a 16 team option

Rjnewman

PostTue Jan 14, 2014 11:02 pm

I agree

milleram

PostThu Jan 16, 2014 6:40 pm

The live draft is coming, so maybe the 16 team league will be next--it would be an easy option to add programming wise and seems to be a popular one---I think it makes a lot of sense as it dilutes the player base for 80m teams.

SoM has only had the online game for a year, the learning curve for the programming team will start to get better now (assuming the can keep the same guys)--and the live draft was a big step.

GERARDGOEDHART

PostSun Jul 27, 2014 2:54 pm

If you support this request, send an e-mail to onlinegamesupport@strat-o-matic.com. The company needs to hear from us.

jcheney2013

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Thought I would dredge this idea back up again. Being primarily a mystery card player, I think a 16 team league would cut down on the "All-Star" feel of the mystery game & would allow a league option in the other card sets that would actually fill in a reasonable time.

While here, I also wish Strato would respond to these comments, even to say "that is impossible you fool." Whether in an occasional blog or directly here, we would all feel better knowing someone is listening.

Jim

coyote303

PostSun Mar 01, 2015 8:26 pm

jcheney2013 wrote:Thought I would dredge this idea back up again. Being primarily a mystery card player, I think a 16 team league would cut down on the "All-Star" feel of the mystery game & would allow a league option in the other card sets that would actually fill in a reasonable time.

While here, I also wish Strato would respond to these comments, even to say "that is impossible you fool." Whether in an occasional blog or directly here, we would all feel better knowing someone is listening.

Jim

A 16-team option is a reasonable request. However, simply having a $60-million league can accomplish the same thing. I have been in several, and they are always fun. Not only are the results more realistic, but the few stars you do have really stand out.

I absolutely agree that a SOM presence in these forums would be great. For example, someone wrote in and complained in the past couple of days about pitching rotations getting screwed up in quite a few leagues. Tech support replied with a long, detailed explanation of what happened. That's cool, but why couldn't they have posted it on the forums to begin with?

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM