Leagues with advanced rules/ no ball park effects

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paolocosmo

Leagues with advanced rules/ no ball park effects

PostTue Jun 11, 2013 11:36 am

Is there any way to include leagues that utilize advanced rather than super advanced rules and/or leagues without ball park effects? I've played in face to face leagues for 25 years with advanced rules & no ball park effects; that game is completely different from what i'm playing on-line. Also, would there be any way to customize the injury rule. I always felt that pitcher injuries were too rare in the game, so in our face to face league, any triple 6 role resulted in a pitcher injury. We also had a house rule where injuries were for an undetermined amount of time--we'd roll a 20-sided die before each game and increase the injured player's chances of returning by one each time. We also capped total team injuries at a maximum of 3; if a fourth player got hurt, the first player injured automatically returned the following game. We've found that this struck a balance between injuries having an impact on one's team without having a situation whereby someone was unlucky enough to have his entire team decimated. Another option would be to specify a minimum number of pitchers in a pitching rotation; we use 5 man rotations and ignore the fact that some players can start on only 3 days rest; we also limit relievers to a max of 3 consecutive appearances & a max of number of innings per 3 game series they can pitch based on their tiredness rating (for example, a reliever with a tiredness rating of 3 can pitch a maximum of 9 innings in a 3 game series).

coyote303

Re: Leagues with advanced rules/ no ball park effects

PostTue Jun 11, 2013 10:23 pm

I doubt there is enough demand to warrant SOM creating an advanced-only version of the online game. The whole point of advanced versus super advanced is the former is easier to play--what's the point since we don't play the games ourselves.

On the other hand, if you can find eleven other managers who don't like ball park effects, you could start a league that requires the same neutral park. It's not the same as what you want, but it's close.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM