add context for baserunning decisions by HAL

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

qksilver69

add context for baserunning decisions by HAL

PostSun Jun 02, 2013 11:26 am

One of the biggest issues I have with HAL is that he will send baserunners without regard to game context, increasing needless outs on the basepaths and killing possible rallies.

Examples:
- Any time HAL sends a runner from 1st to 3rd with 2 out, almost never happens in real life, extremely rare play in MLB but with HAL it happens every other game. In real life this happens only when the chance of making it is near certain/automatic.

- HAL sending a runner from 1st to 3rd in the 9th inning when the team at bat is down by 2 runs or more.

- HAL choosing to try to steal a base when down by 2 or more runs late in the game.

- Also, HAL will try to have batters take an extra base on a hit (i.e. stretch a double to a triple) when down by more than 1 run late in the game/9th inning.

Any way to add logic to take this type of game context into account for baserunning decisions?

Whamo

Re: add context for baserunning decisions by HAL

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 am

You make some excellent points. I'd like to be able to set when the odds are to go. Is the catcher a +4, the pitcher a +9, then go, if less, no, for example.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM