New feature - Platoon Priority?

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

bkeat23

New feature - Platoon Priority?

PostTue Mar 12, 2013 5:11 pm

I would use this if it were a feature, would a significant number of others do the same?

Example: I have Alou as a RH hitting LF, and Covington as a LH hitting LF. Basic platoon.

A new selection is available in the Team Strategy, allowing me to set this pair up as a platoon, and select Covington as the "Primary". This would trigger a pinch hitter for Alou as soon as he's going to face a RH pitcher, bringing in Covington to Pinch Hit, and then I take my lumps the rest of the game, or if HAL changes pitchers. Maybe a limit of 3 Platoon Priority pairs could be set up on any given team?

This allows the better use of platoons, and gets us the option of having the stronger of the pair, or the LH hitter to get more ABs. Alou wouldn't see a RHP under normal game conditions, ie, injuries, pinch hitting for another player, etc....

What do you guys think?

djkalle

Re: New feature - Platoon Priority?

PostTue Mar 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Great.... but with no limit.

bkeat23

PostTue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

djkalle wrote:Great.... but with no limit.

Well, 9 would be the limit. :D

ratioman2

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 am

I gave this exact programming suggestion in an email in October, and to their credit they responded in less than 48 hours. They did say that would be a significant programming change and gave no promises. However, since that time I have noticed a lot more pinch hitting along these (platooning) lines. I would routinely have teams where all the right boxes were checked, and obvious platooning, yet have NO (zero) pinch hitting all year. Yet in my most recent team I have 16 PHs through 100 games. So I do think they are trying here.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM