Abolish Unleashed, include all cards

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Ninersphan

Abolish Unleashed, include all cards

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 9:20 am

Yet again the unleashed set seems to have some very arbitary decisions.

How the heck is Ted Lilly left out but Neftali Feliz, Jeff Nieman both with less innings pitched, and to a lesser extent Matt Harvey, in the regular set??

You have the equalizer to really good cards with the pricing, just price them accordingly and leave them all in one set.

coyote303

Re: Abolish Unleashed, include all cards

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Yet again the unleashed set seems to have some very arbitary decisions.

How the heck is Ted Lilly left out but Neftali Feliz, Jeff Nieman both with less innings pitched, and to a lesser extent Matt Harvey, in the regular set??

You have the equalizer to really good cards with the pricing, just price them accordingly and leave them all in one set.

If this view was the majority, the majority of the leagues would use the unleashed set. You are, in effect, asking SOM to inflict your (minority) view on everyone. No thank you!

Ninersphan

Re: Abolish Unleashed, include all cards

PostFri Mar 01, 2013 2:48 pm

coyote303 wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:Yet again the unleashed set seems to have some very arbitary decisions.

If this view was the majority, the majority of the leagues would use the unleashed set. You are, in effect, asking SOM to inflict your (minority) view on everyone. No thank you!

I'll buy that, I certianly don't want anyone forcing their views down my throuat either. but tell me why you are so opposed to the unleashed cards being included.

But please explain why Ted Lilly and Cory Luebke were held out but Neftali Feliz and Jeff Neiman are in?? Are Luebke and Feliz really gonna upset the balance of play?

My point is, if TSN (cause they started this practice) hadn't begun to start keeping certian cards out, there wouldn't be controversy nor any need for two seperate sets.

I just haven't heard a cogent arguement for not putting them in.

"It's not realalistc if FILL IN THE BLANK leads the league in FILL IN THE BLANK stat."

Who cares?

There's nothing realistic about this game as it's played anyway.

We don't adhere to usage limits, RP routinely pitch WAY more innings than what's on their card.

Starting pitchers haven't pitched on 3 days rest in the majors since the Seventies, yet it's still in this game.

We platoon guys all the time that would never sit in the Majors, Ethier and Choo come immediatly to mind.

Most of the games are played with 12 team leagues with most teams having 4-5 all star caliber players on them, that's realistic?

So what difference does it make if a guys has a great card one year, and will lead a statiscal category that he wouldn't do in real life?

I just don't know how you draw that line in the sand and say that including these guys upsets the balance of play or isn't realistic given all the other unrealistic things that happen in the game.

You want realism, go buy the CD-rom and sim the MLB season.

Me, I want every possible player I can get my hands on to help me win against the other 11 guys I'm competing with.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM