I AM BEGGING SOM TO FIX DEFENSIVE SUBSITUTIONS

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

coyote303

I AM BEGGING SOM TO FIX DEFENSIVE SUBSITUTIONS

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 am

1. I am sick of having defensive substitutions made when I'm losing.

2. I am sick of having defensive substitutions ignored.

3. I am sick of having (albeit rare) random defensive substitutions that make no sense. Tonight, HAL subbed a 2b-4 e19 for a 2b-3 e15. The latter is the best fielding second baseman on my team, and I have nothing set to sub for him.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/266792/465

djkalle

Re: I AM BEGGING SOM TO FIX DEFENSIVE SUBSITUTIONS

PostThu Jan 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Here is a prime example of the defensive substitution problem. In the 70's, I have all 3 OF positions in platoon situations. I have Jesus Alou (not one of platoon guys, just a sub) and Blomberg checked to be subbed for defensively late in the game with a lead. Crawford is already injured for me.

During the game, Steve Brye gets injured in the top of 9 with a 2-1 lead. Out trots Jesus Alou to play RF in the bottom of the 9th. Good move as he is the only one left on the bench that plays OF. Wait a minute, here goes Fred Stanley (no, not Mickey Stanley as he is playing CF) to play RF. ONE, he doesn't even play OF. TWO, what if the game gets tied up. My best hitter on the bench is now done for the game, wasted by running out to RF and back (not to mention how he has got to be pretty embarrassed). The same thing happened the next night with Stanley subbing for Blomberg.

I know the solution is to uncheck that box on Alou and Blomberg but Brye and Crawford were coming back from injury by game #3 of that second series. A player who is worse defensively should never substitute on defense for someone who is better.

coyote303

Re: I AM BEGGING SOM TO FIX DEFENSIVE SUBSITUTIONS

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 am

Another "brilliant" substitution made tonight.

Brian Harper comes in at LF-4 (+2) e17 for Tom Goodwin LF-2 (+2) e5

WHY????

I do not have Goodwin marked to be replaced. This happened the inning after my third baseman got injured, but that had absolutely no bearing on left field.

I can't be the only one who is getting these random insane moves.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/game/266792/878

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM