Reverse lineup tweaks

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Valen

Reverse lineup tweaks

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 am

Several on boards have suggested being able to set a reverse level where reverse lineups kick in.
In other words a lefty that is 1R is not considered by most to truly be a reverse lefty and would prefer standard lineup against lefties. I think the consensus is to have a manager setting that would allow each manager to decide where the cutoff should be. So if I set the number for the reverse lineup to be say 4 then reverse lineup would not kick in until the opponent lefty was 4R or greater.

Personally I would like the ability to make this a negative number. Then if you set the value to say -4 then the reverse lineup would be 4L through 9R. This would mean I could basically set my reverse lineup as the one I want against all leftys except the extreme lefty. Thus I could start say the 6R Brett against most leftys since he is still the better choice against even a 1L or 2L lefty. But I could have a cheap platoon partner who would serve as a backup in case of injury and start against extreme some lefty but only against the really tough left handers. This is closer to what you say on a regular basis for real life teams. LH hitters get headaches and need to sit out but only against someone really tough on lefty hitters.

Another enhancement which might be more difficult would be to have the stats for the reverse lineups show the numbers for the situations where the reverse lineup is kicking in. Or to put it differently currently the #1 lineup which is the lineup against regular left hand starters shows the stats against LH pitching. The #3 lineup shows those same numbers. The enhancement would be to show the stats against reverse lefty pitchers.

Ninersphan

Re: Reverse lineup tweaks

PostTue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Yes please...

Great job Valen. :D

jbrennon

Re: Reverse lineup tweaks

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 12:59 pm

I agree with this suggestion.

This is a nice addition but it needs to be tweeked.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM