Stealing third

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

TallEd

Stealing third

PostSun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 am

On the team strategy page could a category be added to differentiate between how aggressive you want to be when stealing third vs. second base. Not having this option is a source of frustration and causes me to shy away from selecting speed /defense teams. Very frustrating to have a player steal second with 2 outs, get into scoring position, then get thrown out stealing third. What manager would ever do this? NONE that are still employed.

I know that I would put together more speed teams if I didn't have to be concerned with losing base runners in scoring position due to the inability to keep them from committing one of baseballs cardinal sins, (ie. getting thrown out at third with zero or two outs) while having the ability to aggressively use speed to steal second, get runners into scoring position and stay out of double plays. As the team strategy is set up now, a manager can't do both and this prevents a speed team from performing as well as it could.

Thanks

coyote303

Re: Stealing third

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 12:08 pm

I 100 percent agree with this.

Furthermore, I think the SOM game engine does a poor job of imitating real baseball. Steals of third should be rare but more often successful when attempted.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM