Making Trades Work - Conversion Idea

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

TRW

Making Trades Work - Conversion Idea

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 4:39 pm

MB thread from ATG forum:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1328

Making the money in trades workout has always been a big problem.

How about having a conversion feature built into the trading scenario. After all, you own all versions of a player. What if in the trade screen, there were a dropdown box for any player with multiple cards. You could then change the player's card to another version of the same player in the trade to make the trade workout. The drop down box should be available for both your team and the owners team you are trying to make the trade with.

So for instance, I could change a players card on my team in the trade screen and the other owners players card to make the money work out.

The players cards would not actually convert unless the trade were accepted.

Then, after the trade goes thru, you could finagle your roster to get back to whichever of the obtained players card you wish. (drop/Add penalties would apply after you receive a player and if you wish to convert that player to another card once he is on your team).

There should be a software coding on the player so that the same owner(s) could not trade the same player thru the conversion process more than one time.

Ducky

Re: Making Trades Work - Conversion Idea

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 10:32 am

Absolutely not. Managers would trade players and then name the card they want for the player in return. Count me out. A very large number of players would be playing on their best cards. Defeats the entire mystery card format if managers can name the year they want to play with.

Mr Baseball World

Re: Making Trades Work - Conversion Idea

PostSun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 pm

This would not be for the mystery card games. It would be for ATG where you do choose the year for players that have more than one card.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM