player identification issue

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

mai_kingdra

player identification issue

PostSun Oct 07, 2012 1:08 pm

As a professional software engineer, I understand the issue of having to write a bunch of code just to handle a very small percentage of the situations, but to make the product professional, it needs to happen. For this reason, SOM online needs to address the issue of uniquely naming all players in each "player pool" (i.e. 70s, 80s, ATG, etc). So, since I play in the 70s, the frustrating ambiguity between Jose & Julio Cruz, Ron & Reggie Jackson, and Larry & Lance Parrish needs to be addressed. For now, I will exempt the issue Dave Roberts (hitter) and Dave Roberts (pitcher).

Please remove this frustrating aspect of SOM online, even though it will require a change/enhancement to the "first initial & last name" naming convention.

Thank you very much,

coyote303

Re: player identification issue

PostFri Oct 12, 2012 10:25 pm

This is a good point. I still remember with a laugh the season I had Jose and Julio Cruz on the same team.

rburgh

Re: player identification issue

PostTue Oct 16, 2012 11:22 pm

How about Endy and Eric Chavez? I had them both on a team once.

And two of the top 10 hitter cards next year are going to belong to M. Cabrera.

And how about David Carpenter (HOU/TOR) and David Carpenter (LAA)?

Or Alberto and Adrian Gonzalez?

Come on, Strat, you have the name data buried in the computer game data file. How else would it get onto the card images? Sorry if this messes up your box score printouts, but in this day and age it's not that tough to tinker with fonts automatically in print modules. Even my little sister can do it!

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM