Seems this issue recognized by SOM in 2019 still fails

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

paul8210

Seems this issue recognized by SOM in 2019 still fails

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 11:55 am

NOTE, 1/15/19: Previously, we had stated that "your starting DH will not be moved to another position in the event of an injury to the starter at that other position, even if he is listed as a backup there. He would be ignored, and the next backup at that position (if any) would be considered." Currently, we have reason to believe this is no longer the case and that DH's work the same as any other position, but we are not quite ready to declare this officially. If you have evidence either confirming or denying this, please let us know. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote letter asking them to either
1)Fix problem or
2) Explain why no action has been taken

They never should have made this blurb public in the first place with their 1/15/19 notation. It's just not a professional thing to do, making it so public on the lineup page that they're going to fix a problem and then doing nothing. No followup or anything. I guess whoever from SOM made this comment in 2019 left the company and left it for others to clean up the mess :D

jjii66

Re: Seems this issue recognized by SOM in 2019 still fails

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 3:26 pm

This got fixed just like they said. Keep in mind, it pertains only to your starting lineup, not to in-game injury substitutions.

paul8210

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 11:28 pm

It did not work last night at the start of the next game. Maybe, it will work tonight based on my explicitly stated lineup backups (rather than assumed).

Last night, the explicitly listed backup for the injured first baseman, who is the regular third baseman, was ignored in the next game in favor of another first baseman not explicitly listed as a backup in my lineup, possibly, because HAL refused to move my listed DH to third base because he was not explicitly listed in my line up as a backup third baseman. However, my DH is the only other third baseman on my roster so I didn't see a reason to explicitly put him in the lineup as a backup third baseman.

Just guessing why it didn't work last night.

Another point to be considered. The DH should be able to move to any position at the start of the next game for which he is eligible based on lineup settings, not just to the position of the injured player from the previous game. Again, I'm assuming that's possibly the issue.

coyote303

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 1:30 am

paul8210 wrote:...
Last night, the explicitly listed backup for the injured first baseman, who is the regular third baseman, was ignored in the next game in favor of another first baseman not explicitly listed as a backup in my lineup, possibly, because HAL refused to move my listed DH to third base because he was not explicitly listed in my line up as a backup third baseman. However, my DH is the only other third baseman on my roster so I didn't see a reason to explicitly put him in the lineup as a backup third baseman.

Just guessing why it didn't work last night.

Another point to be considered. The DH should be able to move to any position at the start of the next game for which he is eligible based on lineup settings, not just to the position of the injured player from the previous game. Again, I'm assuming that's possibly the issue.

Why would you not list him as your backup third baseman if you want him to serve that function (being he's your only other third baseman)? Perhaps the game "should" do this without you listing him, but I can see no reason not to list him as backup.

Now if you do list him as backup and it doesn't happen, that is a problem.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM