Wild cards

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

PETERLE

Wild cards

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 2:18 pm

Could 12 team leagues have 2 WC teams instead of just one? This could mirror real MLB with 2 teams playing a winner take all game to advance to semi finals.

Also instead of the graphs for probability of winning a division, which I personally think is useless, could SOM have a WC standing so that teams not in first place know exactly how far they are behind the WC spot?

The Biomechanical Man

Re: Wild cards

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 2:22 pm

I second this suggestion for two wildcard teams with a one-game playoff, in 12-team Strat leagues. That way - like in real MLB - there is a significant benefit to winning the division instead of a wild card.

andycummings65

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 2:26 pm

The Biomechanical Man wrote:I second this suggestion for two wildcard teams with a one-game playoff, in 12-team Strat leagues. That way - like in real MLB - there is a significant benefit to winning the division instead of a wild card.

Then people would complain when their #1 seed gets knocked out in the semis by a wild card team 40% of the time

MaxPower

PostTue Oct 19, 2021 4:03 pm

The one-game playoffs in MLB are an absurd gimmick to keep fans of mediocre teams invested in said mediocrity by offering them a simulacrum of a pennant chase. Expansion can't come soon enough so we can get back to a less ridiculous playoff structure. The divisions in Strat are already completely arbitrary, I don't see why teams need extra incentive to win divisions, especially when home field advantage is already much more important in Strat than real life.

bh327

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 am

I hate that the NBA and Hockey have way to many teams in the playoffs. Half the teams make it. Thats a joke but the almighty dollar as we all know is the reason. Baseball needs to not go in the same direction. Amen.

Return to Wish List, Suggestions for SOM