Reelin' in the Years League - Season 34

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

willmurr24

Re: Reelin' in the Years League - Season 28

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 8:57 am

Will be posting drops shortly , I see we have lost a member of our league , James Zimmer .
i believe he played with us for eight years . The internet is a funny place . In the real world I am close to guys I played with for one or two years fifty years ago .Online we play year round for 28 seasons and even , on occasion , annoy each other or enjoy each other like in the real world but in the end hardly know each other . I have images in my head of some of you ,all positive of course ( Flatour .Fred, T cochran Padre come to mind ) , they are like images one would have while reading a book. I didn't have a lot of interaction with Zim13, I don't know much about him , but in a sense I miss him right now and tonight i will have a drink and say a prayer in his honor

jflatour99

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 9:15 am

willmurr24 wrote:Will be posting drops shortly , I see we have lost a member of our league , James Zimmer .
i believe he played with us for eight years . The internet is a funny place . In the real world I am close to guys I played with for one or two years fifty years ago .Online we play year round for 28 seasons and even , on occasion , annoy each other or enjoy each other like in the real world but in the end hardly know each other . I have images in my head of some of you ,all positive of course ( Flatour .Fred, T cochran Padre come to mind ) , they are like images one would have while reading a book. I didn't have a lot of interaction with Zim13, I don't know much about him , but in a sense I miss him right now and tonight i will have a drink and say a prayer in his honor

A beautiful thought Bill. Ditto by me.

I know it may sound cheesy but sometimes I dream and I always hope that someday, a Bunch of SOM online players could have a reunion in a place like NY and spend some nights talking, drinking and maybe play a game or two face to face.

Here’s to James Zimmer !
Last edited by jflatour99 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigmahon

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 9:25 am

Well said, Bill. Thanks.

willmurr24

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 9:55 am

DROPS
S CASTRO
L RENGIFO
E SOGARD
C SISCO
F MEJIA
D VOGELBACH
F VASQUEZ
J BREBBIA
T CHATWOOD
M KELLER
T ROGERS
J TAYLOR

EXTRA PROSPECT DROP
MOUNTCASTLE

jflatour99

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 10:16 am

DROPS POSTED
1. bigmahon - YES
2. dharmabums - YES
3. tcochran - YES
4. JMP1
5. willmurr24 - YES
6. beesore- YES
7. padrenurgle1 - YES
8. WJS6768 - YES
9. Meat
10. fredpaii - YES
11. The Turtle
12. jflatour99 - YES

willmurr24

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 10:56 am

Willmurr trades the 8th pick in the upcoming FA draft

to

beesore for Carson Kelly off his drop list

beesore

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 11:00 am

willmurr24 wrote:Willmurr trades the 8th pick in the upcoming FA draft

to

beesore for Carson Kelly off his drop list

Trade confirmed

padrenurgle1

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 12:08 pm

willmurr24 wrote:Will be posting drops shortly , I see we have lost a member of our league , James Zimmer .

All of this, thoroughly and exactly. I sincerely hope to be in the league when I reach the end, too. I hope Zimmer went comfortably. In all seriousness, I have communicated more regularly with you lot of stat heads than I have all but maybe three real life friends over the years.

If any of you are on Twitter, I am posting there all the time, @padrenurgle. Please add me and let me know who you are...one of the limits of these old school boards is we can't include links, photos or videos easily.

bigmahon

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 4:37 pm

DROPS POSTED
1. bigmahon - YES
2. dharmabums - YES
3. tcochran - YES
4. JMP1
5. willmurr24 - YES
6. beesore- YES
7. padrenurgle1 - YES
8. WJS6768 - YES
9. Meat
10. fredpaii - YES
11. The Turtle
12. jflatour99 - YES

MEAT

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 5:18 pm

players without cards still count as part of your keepers correct, if you don't drop them?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat