USKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

klx22

Re: USKL

PostTue Mar 23, 2021 8:30 pm

New update from Bill, we need to all keep sending some prayers their direction;

Update. While doing x-rays prior to surgery, they discovered a skull fracture. So have decided to wait on the orthopedic surgery until morning. She has skull fracture, shattered femur, broken pelvis, broken ribs. Apparently she was T-boned by a truck that ran a red light. Hit her side(passenger) of the car. All caught on traffic cam. Driver only has a broken collarbone. She’s in a lot of pain but alert and awake.

Ninersphan

PostWed Mar 24, 2021 9:04 am

Just want to say thanks for the support. Surgery started at 7. Don’t have any more details. Really appreciate the kind words hope none of you have to go through this. Bad as it is, it could have been worse. She is alive, for that I am eternally grateful.

Thanks again.

klx22

PostWed Mar 24, 2021 5:23 pm

How did surgery go?

Bill: Good. She is out and in recovery. But in a lot of pain. She has a long road ahead of her for recovery snd PT

klx22

PostThu Mar 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Update for today. She is awake alert and in a lot of pain. She will need to wear a neck brace for her skull fracture for 8-12 weeks but no surgery needed, which is good. She will be in a wheel chair for the next 8-12 weeks as well, not because she can’t walk but to keep all the screws, rods and wires holding her pelvis together stabilized. She shattered her femur in two places and has two metal rods holding together. No cast. She started physical therapy today which consisted of simply sitting up on her bed with no back support. That took nearly 20 minutes and was a process filled with anguished screams, tears and curses which left my wife and I feeling helpless. She has a long painful road ahead of her of PT and rehab. She will likely move to a rehab facility once she has been discharged from the hospital.
Her doctors and nurses have been wonderful, and all are pleased with her progress and outlook. All things considered, we are lucky and grateful she is alive and happy for all the support shown.

klx22

PostFri Mar 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Day four update: Still in ICU, but hopefully she will be well enough to go to a regular room on the trauma floor. Breathing is still very difficult with the broken ribs and sternum, but the surgeon said the ribs looked lined up and doesn’t think they will have to do another surgery to put plates on the ribs. Goal today was to sit upright (in the bed) for an hour, and that was accomplished. Celebrating the small victories. Thank you everyone for your love and support.

klx22

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Yan Gomes & John Gant are available for an upcoming draft pick. Open to possible players swaps as well.

Ninersphan

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 4:30 pm

So latest update on my daughter:

She is out of ICU and into her room. Her “spark” is returning today. When asked by her nurse how she was feeling, she dead panned, “Well, I’ve had better weeks.” Pain seems to be subsiding somewhat snd she continues OT & PT. Long way to go, but the baby steps are encouraging.

Thanks to all for the care snd support.

KEVINEHLE

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 4:48 pm

Ninersphan wrote:So latest update on my daughter:

She is out of ICU and into her room. Her “spark” is returning today. When asked by her nurse how she was feeling, she dead panned, “Well, I’ve had better weeks.” Pain seems to be subsiding somewhat snd she continues OT & PT. Long way to go, but the baby steps are encouraging.

Being sassy to nurses is a good sign! :D

mlbphan

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 4:58 pm

Unread postSat Mar 27, 2021 3:48 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
So latest update on my daughter:

great news Bill & thank you for keeping us updated.

Ninersphan

PostSat Mar 27, 2021 5:01 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:So latest update on my daughter:

If there is one thing neither of my daughters lack it’s sass. I tell them frequently, I liked them better when they were a little less sarcastic as their youngest can be quite sharp. All in good fun, of course. But they can sting. ;-)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat