USKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

KEVINEHLE

Re: USKL

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 11:34 pm

OK - Drops are frozen. I have created the Draft Grid and Available List and will send in a little bit. I will create a Draft Thread.

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 09, 2020 7:35 pm

:o :o :o

Gotta say this draft is in no way shape or form going the way I expected. I still think I needed to move up to get Alonso, but maybe not to number 1. Still at least 3 guys available I thought would be drafted already.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 09, 2020 8:16 pm

and I do not know what I was doing when I submitted my cuts, there are t least 5 other guys I should have discarded. At least I have a head start on the supplemental draft. :shock:

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Mar 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Ninersphan wrote:and I do not know what I was doing when I submitted my cuts, there are t least 5 other guys I should have discarded. At least I have a head start on the supplemental draft. :shock:

You have an excuse. You've been working on a bunch of other leagues as commish! It can all get confusing. :D

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Mar 09, 2020 8:40 pm

Ninersphan wrote::o :o :o

Gotta say this draft is in no way shape or form going the way I expected. I still think I needed to move up to get Alonso, but maybe not to number 1. Still at least 3 guys available I thought would be drafted already.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, there are a lot of interesting choices early on. I decided to take a 30 year old pitcher while the other guys took teenagers!

Palmtana

PostMon Mar 09, 2020 10:17 pm

That 30 year old pitcher was 1st on my list, Kev. Alas.

I bet Vlad was one of your "3 or more", eh Bill. As an owner in another league I hope he lives up to his billing.
He needs to go find his glove though. Otherwise he may end up as the most hyped DH of all time. His sophomore season will be veeeery interesting, as Arte Johnson used to say.

keyzick

PostTue Mar 10, 2020 5:50 am

Yeah, the guy I wanted at #2 was available, but the only person I was gonna take over him was Alvarez (who I thought fir sure was gonna go #1).

So I’ve kind of deviated from my plan, but thrilled to get Alvarez...and with the way these picks are going, everything might still fall into place

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Mar 10, 2020 8:16 am

keyzick wrote:Yeah, the guy I wanted at #2 was available, but the only person I was gonna take over him was Alvarez (who I thought fir sure was gonna go #1).

So I’ve kind of deviated from my plan, but thrilled to get Alvarez...and with the way these picks are going, everything might still fall into place

Yeah, you are kind of lucky that Bill is a BIG Mets fan! He traded to get the #1 spot from me. If i was still #1, I would have taken Alvarez.

Ninersphan

PostTue Mar 10, 2020 9:35 am

It’s not just being a Mets fan, Alvarez is a DH I had a GLARING need at 1b and I think Alonso’s card will be more sustainable through the years than Alvarez. He won’t likely hit over 50 fingers again but in the 35-40 range. Yup.

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Mar 10, 2020 10:57 am

Ninersphan wrote:It’s not just being a Mets fan, Alvarez is a DH I had a GLARING need at 1b and I think Alonso’s card will be more sustainable through the years than Alvarez. He won’t likely hit over 50 fingers again but in the 35-40 range. Yup.

Agreed. Alvarez is one dimensional right now. Alonso is a complete player already. I just think Alvarez is a better hitter and perhaps he can improve in the field or be made a 1B one day.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat