One Shot Deal 1.....$120 million

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mrharryc

Re: One Shot Deal 1.....$120 million

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 10:25 am

BTW, I'll be traveling today so I'll not have my squad loaded into the West until tonight; but its ready to go in as soon as I get back to my hotel.

fraank123

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 3:12 pm

hate to sound dumb here but in looking over everyone's draft results i see that some teams used the strategy of drafting lesser priced versions of players. I understand the logic of this in regular Auto draft leagues for trade leverage and other things. I also know some of the lesser carded versions were chosen since they are absolutely usable at the lower values but there are quite a few players drafted that i assume will be converted to the better/more expensive version at some later point.

I am confused as to why this strategy would be employed with the draft format of this particular type of league. By my way of thinking I am assuming that teams which drafted before such a given team will not be interested in trading for any of those players since they had already passed on them when it was their turn. Further I assume that teams drafting after the given team will not have anyone to offer to that team as that team already passed on any and all of the players the later drafting team can possibly offer.

I'm thinking maybe this process allows a manager to tailor which specific players they end up keeping after the other division teams pick their rosters but i really don't know.

Private Jet Mama's Boys

West may enter

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 3:23 pm

West---bontomn....mrharryc....fraank123....danielz

PW: one

Musial6

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 9:19 am

mrharryc wrote:BTW, I'll be traveling today so I'll not have my squad loaded into the West until tonight; but its ready to go in as soon as I get back to my hotel.

Welllllll............did Harry have some other distraction when getting back to the hotel? :roll: Hmmmm? ;)
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat