Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Ninersphan

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Rant wrote:I sorted for you, but I recommend just doing a search (ctrl f) prior to picking a prospect. I know it's a pain if you're on the road, but should really only take a second or two. With the two year window, it's not irregular to have a player promoted without a card, and manipulating the roster sheet during a draft adds on to an already involved job.

I HATE the way the search works on google sheets, I does not always stay on the currect tab. I've had jump to old versions of rosters from previous seasons.

I can alphabetize the pitchers in about 5 minutes if I had edit access. All you do is highlight each teams pitchers ( Starters separate from relievers) and sort range A-Z under DATA, it will ask if you want to expand the selectionn to include other columns and you just say no. easy peasy. Do the same for the relievers. Its a piece of cake.

Rant

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 5:37 pm

Ninersphan wrote:I can alphabetize the pitchers in about 5 minutes if I had edit access. All you do is highlight each teams pitchers ( Starters separate from relievers) and sort A-Z, it will ask if you want to expand the selectionn to include other columns and you just say no. easy peasy. Do the same for the relievers. Its a piece of cake.

Yes, I did this for you. You're welcome. I've never had an issue with search on Google Sheets, so not sure how to help problem solve there.

Ninersphan

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 5:39 pm

Rant wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:I can alphabetize the pitchers in about 5 minutes if I had edit access. All you do is highlight each teams pitchers ( Starters separate from relievers) and sort A-Z, it will ask if you want to expand the selectionn to include other columns and you just say no. easy peasy. Do the same for the relievers. Its a piece of cake.

Yes, I did this for you. You're welcome. I've never had an issue with search on Google Sheets, so not sure how to help problem solve there.

THANK YOU GRANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

seanreflex

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 6:14 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Rant wrote:I sorted for you, but I recommend just doing a search (ctrl f) prior to picking a prospect. I know it's a pain if you're on the road, but should really only take a second or two. With the two year window, it's not irregular to have a player promoted without a card, and manipulating the roster sheet during a draft adds on to an already involved job.

I HATE the way the search works on google sheets, I does not always stay on the currect tab. I've had jump to old versions of rosters from previous seasons.

I can alphabetize the pitchers in about 5 minutes if I had edit access. All you do is highlight each teams pitchers ( Starters separate from relievers) and sort range A-Z under DATA, it will ask if you want to expand the selectionn to include other columns and you just say no. easy peasy. Do the same for the relievers. Its a piece of cake.

Ha!! It's a piece of cake if you're a young techie whippersnapper (like clearly ninersphan and Rant are!!!). When you're an old bastard like me who didn't grow up playing on a video screen 12 hours a day, it ain't no piece of cake! I'm too freaking old !!!

Thanks, Rant. I didn't even know you had edit permission! But now I know who to ask if I have questions on how to do something. What's a "pain in the ass" for me is a "piece of cake" for you! Nicely done.

Ninersphan

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Grant actually built the sheet and was the league’s first commissioner. As for “young whippersnapper”, I wish. I’m 54 will be 55 in a few months. So not that young. I have worked with tech for a good chunk of my career though.

Rant

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 6:57 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Grant actually built the sheet and was the league’s first commissioner. As for “young whippersnapper”, I wish. I’m 54 will be 55 in a few months. So not that young. I have worked with tech for a good chunk of my career though.

I think Litangel built the Sheet. It has the colorful markings and rules of his leagues. I think I took over after a couple years, and then begged mercy at some point. I'm 47, and hopefully will live to 48, but am no tech wizard.

Rosco, I hadn't realized I was still Owner of the Sheet, let me know if you want me to try to figure how to transfer. As I don't know how, I'm going to be lazy and not proactive on this one.

Roscodog

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Correct it was litangel that started this league way back when, it was my first keeper league.

I’m not sure how to transfer it. I’m not very handy with google doc or spread sheets in general.
Sean has been doing the majority of roster updates the last couple years.

fredpaii

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 7:20 pm

For Rant, Turtle, Sean and Ironwill...I will trade you prospect Luis Matos for your prospect pick here.

seanreflex

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 7:24 pm

fredpaii wrote:For Rant, Turtle, Sean and Ironwill...I will trade you prospect Luis Matos for your prospect pick here.

No thanks, Fred. Appreciate it.

Sean

fredpaii

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 8:32 pm

I'm offering a Two for One Blue-light Special! This offer is extended to Rant, Turtle, Sean, and Ironwill.

That's right. You get prospects Luis Matos and Jeter Downs for one low price of a 3rd round prospect pick! That's it!

C'mon.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat