Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Roscodog

Re: Finders Keepers Keeper League Chat

PostSun May 24, 2020 9:47 am

Before anyone starts trading prospects or prospect picks before next season, I want to suggest something.

With the MLB season greatly delayed and potentially still in jeopardy, not mention the even more unlikely Minor league baseball season happening. I believe it would be prudent to add an extra year of eligibility to all our prospects.
So guys that should have been promoted next year will now have one more year of prospect eligibility, and players drafted this year will still have two year.

If we are back to normal next year then Prospects drafted next year will just be back to the normal 2 year eligibility.

I know this will potentially create other issues with the max 10 prospects For some, but for one season I see no harm in expanding it to max 13.

As far as any other changes, such as free agent draft, I think that can still wait a bit.

Supplemental draft will continue as normal between seasons 1 and 2.

Also congratulations to the playoff teams.

Any concerns/comments please post them here on the board for discussion.

Rant

PostSun May 24, 2020 6:20 pm

I'm good with your proposal. No real concerns on my end. As for the top limit of prospects. Given that we'd normally have to promote the pool of players, I don't see the prospect limit as a critical challenge.

ironwill1

PostSun May 24, 2020 8:22 pm

I'm fine with your proposal as well.

Terry101

PostSun May 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Sounds right

MFL536

PostSun May 24, 2020 10:57 pm

I am good with proposal also

Roscodog

PostMon May 25, 2020 12:48 am

Ok great, glad to see the idea supported. I think it makes sense.

We will continue to discuss things as we move along, but for now we will plan with this proposal.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Roscodog

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 10:29 am

Plan moving forward.

Now that season 1 is in the books this will be our plan going forward this year.
We should know within the next couple weeks if MLB is going to have a season;

A)If a season does take place, we will have our supplemental draft a little before the halfway point of however many games they play. This will allow teams to maybe still make some meaningful supplemental picks. This will also push our start date for season 2 likely to the beginning of August or a little later depending on the amount of games in the schedule.

B)If the MLB season is cancelled we will still conduct our supplemental draft, just incase teams want to make some minor tweaks to their rosters. The draft will be shortly after the MLB decision, we will then start our Season 2, likely towards the end of June.

Regardless here are the divisions for Season 2.

East
Rosco
Fred
Terry
Bill

Central
Hveed
Hawk
MFL
Iron

West
Ray
Rant
Turtle
Zim

On a personal note, I sincerely hope you are all doing well. That you and your loved ones are safe, happy and healthy.

Roscodog

PostSun Jul 26, 2020 5:40 pm

Putting out an idea for conversation for next season.

Due to a the shortened season, players opting out, and the ever present threat of someone being shut down due to the coronavirus, I am looking to perhaps change our 2021 Free Agent draft.

To protect managers who took a player with "upside" or who now may not play, what are the thoughts on a one time change to the free agent draft?

A few options to consider,

-make it completely voluntary-you could keep your entire roster.
-reducing the amount of players a team has to drop , could carry 35 as opposed to 30 into draft. So minimum 5 round draft as opposed to 10 but still up to a maximum of 15 rounds.
-simply making players exempt who opted out or don't get the minimum AB/IP to be used for strat so they would not be counted against a mangers roster.

I get injuries happen but to me this is an extraordinary circumstance and I would hate to see a guys team get decimated. I think much like the prospect rule 1 year exemption we should look at regular rosters as well.

I would personally be in favour of either option 1 or 2 for next years FA draft. Depending on how strat handles players next year and our league being unleased I think there will still be more than enough players available and managers dropping players.

Just a thought and completely open for discussion.

fredpaii

PostMon Jul 27, 2020 10:34 am

Put me down for #3. I like 1 and 3 actually. These are stressful times. Why not make this game as stress-less as possible?

Rant

PostTue Jul 28, 2020 6:40 pm

I'm open to any of those scenarios. I'd be in favor of #3, the third prospect year, and bumping up the maximum roster by five (so effectively you could draft five to fifteen without having to drop any players. Or #1 and #2 will work for me as well.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat