1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mlbphan

Re: NAKL Chat:

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:34 pm

ok Bill will post one at a time.
thanx

Please keep in mind ONE of your three options must have a two thirds majority in order for the rule to change. If wind up with a split vote without one of the options getting at least 8 votes nothing happens.

mlbphan

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:36 pm

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 5:23 pm

Before voting. One suggestion for option 1, that the change of stadium must be to a stadium that is closer to the previous stadium alignment they had. As in, it’s not an option to go a completely different direction.

Ryan you are 100% correct & will adjust.

Jerlins

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Option 2 would best fit my philosophy, however, unless included in option 2 is a "3 year rule" I'd just prefer to leave it as is. I don't want a team sacrificing a #1 pick EVERY year, which, as it's proposed, is a loophole allowing yearly changes.

Jerlins

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:42 pm

Rick, we can solve your problem immediately as I am willing to part with Coors for Yankee Stadium and your #1 2020 Supplemental.

mlbphan

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:42 pm

original post deleted
Last edited by mlbphan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mlbphan

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:48 pm

Option 2 would best fit my philosophy, however, unless included in option 2 is a "3 year rule" I'd just prefer to leave it as is. I don't want a team sacrificing a #1 pick EVERY year, which, as it's proposed, is a loophole allowing yearly changes

actually there is no loophole because the ballpark HR’s would have to change by +/- 6 or more to trigger this option & I don’t see STRAT doing that every year. +/- 6 is very rare & what happened this year (-8) I’ve never seen before & that’s why I’ve been so passionate about this.

btw I’m introducing one proposal at a time so I don’t kill both of my proposals in one vote as Bill has thoughtfully pointed out.
Last edited by mlbphan on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlbphan

PostSun Jan 19, 2020 6:50 pm

original post deleted
Last edited by mlbphan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 10:57 am

"If STRAT changes an owner’s ballpark by +/- 6 or greater on ballpark HR’s then that owner is allowed to voluntarily change to an available ballpark prior to the commencement of season1 of that new year only. the owner must make this change known on the forum."

Can we assume that with the unlikelihood that this happens to more than 1 owner, the owner that is lower in the draft order would get first pick? Basically, a pre-draft draft using draft position.

lakeviewdave

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 12:00 pm

Why only looking at BP HR's? There are differences yearly for BP 1B's as well, and not everyone wants a power ballpark. There are some leagues that allow changing of ballparks if the total changes from ballpark singles and HRs differ by 8 or more, or once every 2-3 years, and there are others that you can change yearly if you choose, some its first come first serve, and others have to be during FA draft in the 1st 5 rounds, many variations to what exist in other keeper leagues. Trading of ballpark has been in most, if not all, leagues as well. Many ways to have this changed if league wants to.

I am in favor of being able to change a ballpark but depends on how that is constructed, and as far as booking concerns, all one would need is to add 1 row to bottom of rosters to keep track of when ballpark was last changed, simple enough. I have used this in one league that I run.

mlbphan

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Hey Kevin & Dave thanx for the feedback. I’ve been torn between trying to make everyone happy & I agree that having a park under a two or three year commitment is not a major bookkeeping dilemma. It’s as simple as putting the year in next to the ballpark that the change was made. We have this exact system in a league I’m in & it’s worked with no problems. I’m gonna go back to my original proposal & put it out there for a vote so everyone please don’t vote now & I will delete the posts for the current options.

here’s a couple questions for you guys:

would people be in favor of a two year (4 season) or 3 year (6 season) ballpark commitment??

should we go with an addendum of a cumulative +/-6, +/- 8 if a ballpark changes in a given year or none at all??

order of selection: first come first serve, worst to first draft selection or first to worst draft selection??

trading of ballparks still allowed amongst owners & if so then a new clock would start for the two owners that swapped ballparks??

anything else one can think of submit here or to my email: mlbphan@gmail

thanx guys
Rick
mlbphan
Last edited by mlbphan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat