1st NAKL Chat: LOCKED RULES ON PAGE 1

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mlbphan

Re: NAKL Chat:

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 1:54 pm

a couple of ideas I have for this are as follows.

1) once a change were to be made the clock would run for either 2 years (4 seasons) or 3 years (6 seasons)
2) this would be voluntary (not mandatory) for owners.
3) any owner that makes a change would have the year that change was made next to the stadium on the roster sheet.
4) owners could make the change on a first come first serve basis by posting on the main forum or by stadium draft situated between annual FA draft & annual prospect draft (worst to first OR first to worst???).
5) trading of ballparks amongst owners sets a new clock & these trades must be made prior to seasom1 or after the conclusion of season2 (NOT between seasons) so as to keep bookkeeping simple as well as the timeline for the clock.
6) an addendum to the two year (4 season) or three year (6 season) clock would be made for any owner that were to have their park adjusted in a particular season by a cumulative TOTAL of +/- 8 or greater on homeruns & singles to drop their park & pick up a similar ballpark to the one they had.
mind you changing when this happens is voluntary by an owner & if chosen can only happen at the start of a new year & not between seasons.
using my park (Yankee Stadium) for example last year LH HR was 1-17 & RH HR was 1-14 & now for this year it’s 1-13 & 1-10 respectively which is -8.
once that owner makes the change the new clock would start. also this addendum would only apply to the beginning of a new year (when the full ratings are released) & NOT between season1 & season2 of a year. any owner that uses the addendum must state that reason on the forum when making the change so there is no conflict & the commissioner is aware of why this happened.

these are just ideas so any feedback is welcome & can be debated before I formally write up a stadium rule change proposal to be voted on.

thanx,
Rick
mlbphan

Roscodog

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 2:06 pm

I’m still only in favour of ballpark changes for new managers and for instances of drastic change to a ballparks ratings from one year to another.

Perhaps one more thing to consider however for allowing change would be if a real life stadium no longer exists and is replaced by a new ball park. Texas for example

Ninersphan

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 pm

This is making a mountain out of a fucking mole hill

Just propose do you want to allow a switch yes or no.

I DONT WANT TO KEEP TRACK OF HOW LONG MANAGERS ARE IN PARKS OR TRACK PARK CHANGES I HAVE ENOUGH TO TRACK ALREADY.

why is that so freaking hard to understand.

mlbphan

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 2:39 am

RULE PROPOSAL

this would be in addition to the current ballpark rule that is already in place.

If STRAT changes an owner’s ballpark by a cumulative +/- 6 or greater on ballpark HR’s &/or singles then that owner is allowed to voluntarily change to an available ballpark prior to the commencement of season1 of that year only. the owner must make this change known on the forum. if an owner does not make his intentions known prior to season1 then he forfeits the right to make the change.
***NOTE - the new ballpark being selected should, as closely as possible, mirror the dimensions of the ballpark being replaced.

please list your name & vote yes or no here

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

thanx for taking the time to vote. this is very important to me since my ballpark homeruns have just dropped by minus eight this year. going from 1-17 LH HR & 1-14 RH HR down to 1-13 LH HR & 1-10 HR from last year to this year (Yankee Stadium). I selected a homerun oriented ballpark when I took over this team for a reason & I've now watched it drop two years in a row from when it was 1-19 LH HR & 1-16 RH HR. meanwhile the Yankees broke their own team homerun record these last two years so the downward trend in the ballpark makes no sense whatsoever.

thanx again for listening to my argument for this rule change proposal.

Rick
mlbphan

Jerlins

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 am

mlbphan wrote:RULE PROPOSAL

this would be in addition to the current ballpark rule that is already in place.

If STRAT changes an owner’s ballpark by a cumulative +/- 6 or greater on ballpark HR’s &/or singles then that owner is allowed to voluntarily change to an available ballpark prior to the commencement of season1 of that year only. the owner must make this change known on the forum. if an owner does not make his intentions known prior to season1 then he forfeits the right to make the change.
***NOTE - the new ballpark being selected should, as closely as possible, mirror the dimensions of the ballpark being replaced.

1)Jerlins-----Yes
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

thanx for taking the time to vote. this is very important to me since my ballpark homeruns have just dropped by minus eight this year. going from 1-17 LH HR & 1-14 RH HR down to 1-13 LH HR & 1-10 HR from last year to this year (Yankee Stadium). I selected a homerun oriented ballpark when I took over this team for a reason & I've now watched it drop two years in a row from when it was 1-19 LH HR & 1-16 RH HR. meanwhile the Yankees broke their own team homerun record these last two years so the downward trend in the ballpark makes no sense whatsoever.

Rick
mlbphan

lakeviewdave

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:17 am

RULE PROPOSAL

1)Jerlins-----Yes
2)Lakeviewdave - No
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Rick
mlbphan

lakeviewdave

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 am

I voted no because of the way its constructed, a total change of 6 is not all that much, so you could change singles by 3 each and you have your 6 or, each single by 1 each and HR's by 2 each to get to 6, I personally do not think this is much of a difference. Also, selecting a ballpark "close" to the one you had, while a nice concept, there are going to be issues matching up and arguments that one is closer than the other. Just my thoughts on this.

I think there are easier ways to change a ballpark if league wants to.

Roscodog

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 9:48 am

I’m not ignoring the vote. Just simply haven’t decided yet.

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 am

RULE PROPOSAL

1)Jerlins-----Yes
2)Lakeviewdave - No
3) ehlekev - Yes
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Rick
mlbphan

Roscodog

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 pm

RULE PROPOSAL

1)Jerlins-----Yes
2)Lakeviewdave - No
3) ehlekev - Yes
4) Rosco -No
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Rick
mlbphan
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat